Baseball Season and the Crack of the Bat and &%$@

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Season and the Crack of the Bat and &%$@

Last Friday evening, my son (whose home from school for the summer) and I decided to watch some baseball in the "Mancave" and at the same time go through some of our baseball cards and put alot of them into new penny sleeves and plastic holders, especially the ones we have received in trades over the last several months.
    So, my son took a stack and I took one and we both went to work, (on our cold ones(He's 21) and our project). While eyeing the game I heard a sharp CRACK of wood snapping (and a sharp "Oh Crap") and none of these sounds were coming from the TV. I looked over at my son and he was holding a Mickey Mantle Bat Card and just shaking his head. I asked what had happened and he said the card had been taped between two plastic loaders and the the penny sleeve that the card had been in had also been taped to one of the plastic loaders. My son thought after he had cut the loaders apart the penny slleve with the card would be loose , so he pulled up on the card which in turn caused the bat piece to make a cracking sound and put a nice crease in the card itself. He was very disappointed and said he was sorry several times before I could tell him it's just a card and it can be replaced but the time we were spending together was worth any card. (A Hallmark Moment I know).
    We then finished our project without any other incidents and I realized as I turned the TV off and put OUR cards away that my night with Baseball and the crack of the bat will always be with me even when he's moved onto bigger and better things. So thanks Mickey and thank Baseball and the hobby that goes with it.

Mike, thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear what happened to the Mantle bat card. However, glad for the positive that you made out of the negative. From now on, always focus on the positive that came from this. Again, thanks for sharing. Have a good evening and night, Rodney

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
      Mike, thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear what happened to the Mantle bat card. However, glad for the positive that you made out of the negative. From now on, always focus on the positive that came from this. Again, thanks for sharing. Have a good evening and night, Rodney
      Thanks Rodney.

Comment

Working...
      X