newest ebay scam,beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest ebay scam,beware

Hello guys,just wanted to share an incident I just had with eBay in hopes that no one else ever has to deal with the crap. I made a purchase of a fransisco lindor rookie auto a couple weeks back thinking it was a pack issued. Obviously it was not. The seller gave me the run around from day one!!! First he said it was purchased from a reputable guy and he didn't accept returns. So I opened a case on eBay. He then said if I spent more money on a third party authenticator and it came back fake he would refund the money for the card,but no authenticator fees. Finally on the last day before eBay gets involved he accepts the return. This is where it gets good!! I never opened the package,thinking the seller would claim some type of vandalism when he got it back. So I took pictures of the package,saved tracking number and returned to sender. EBay during this time would not accept the tracking number or let me communicate with seller at all. I kept up with the package though and saw it was delivered Tuesday,so I thought it was finally over. Boy was I wrong! He claimed he never received the item and Ebay sided with him. So now he has his card and my money. Well I called eBay and the representative informed me that it didn't matter that I could show proof of delivery,that I forfeitted my money back guarantee when I refused the package and didn't print out a shipping label. Naturally I was pissed to say the least. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem or is it just me?
    I buy the card not the grade!. My want list gets updated way to frequently to be consistent.

I am always in the market for Cards,Any Alabama player current or former(football only), current or former St Louis Cardinals especially Albert Pujols,Matt Carpenter,Stephen Piscotty and Mark Mcgwire,Grant Hill and other duke blue devil. Also set building 2013 bowman chrome mini in numbered refractors.

There's some confusion here.. why did you return the package without opening it first? was it damaged?
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I don't know if the OP edited or not, but the reason he didn't open the package was because he didn't want the seller to claim that he had vandalized it.

Buuuttttt... How did he not know that the Lindor auto was not pack issued if he didn't open the package? I mean, the eBay listing had pictures right? So you (he) saw what the card looked like before you (he) purchased it, right?
      PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Oh sorry for the left out details,was just trying to bring attention to an issue hoping it wouldn't happen to anyone else. Long story short I wanted a lindor rookie,so while browsing,instead of watching it I place minimum bids on items so I can follow the item and usually be in no danger of winning if I don't want it. Well I assumed it was a Topps certified pack issued card. When my minimum bid won I was automatically surprised. When I started digging it was blatantly obvious that it was a forgery. I tried to cancel the order but the seller claimed it had already been shipped. And that began the rollercoaster ride. The seller has fought me every step of the way. When I approached him last night with the idea that I had been smart and taken photos of the package and tracked it to his home he pulled some excuses out,but I still have no refund.
        I buy the card not the grade!. My want list gets updated way to frequently to be consistent.

I am always in the market for Cards,Any Alabama player current or former(football only), current or former St Louis Cardinals especially Albert Pujols,Matt Carpenter,Stephen Piscotty and Mark Mcgwire,Grant Hill and other duke blue devil. Also set building 2013 bowman chrome mini in numbered refractors.

Comment

Working...
        X