Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalchuk Decision Delayed Until Friday

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_yl...vils-kovalchuk

NEW YORK (AP)—The NHL has extended its deadline to Friday for approving Ilya Kovalchuk’s $100 million, 15-year contract with the New Jersey Devils.

The league and the NHL Players’ Association announced the new deadline Wednesday.

The NHL has already rejected a front-loaded, 17-year deal valued at $102 million because the structure of the deal would have circumvented the league’s salary cap. An independent arbitrator upheld that decision.

The Devils and Kovalchuk submitted the new contract to the league last Friday.

“We remain optimistic that this extension will result in an approval of the contract and that Ilya Kovalchuk will remain a valuable member of the Devils for the balance of his career,” Devils president Lou Lamoriello said. “We will have no further comment until the decision is rendered.”

man he looks good in red and black

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Originally posted by Myerburg311 View Post
      man he looks good in red and black

They can sure use his scoring, but in all honesty, I hope this crap gets settled soon, as it's getting a little old. The NHL is nuts if they let this talent leave for the KHL in Russia.

Comment

Working...
      X