Jean Beliveau In Hospital Recovering From Mild Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Beliveau In Hospital Recovering From Mild Stroke

I heard this story the other day, but couldn't find any story on it on yahoo, so I did a search, and sure enough it is true. HOF're Jean Beliveau who's also known as "Le Gros Bill" to Habs fans is recovering in hospital as after suffering from a mild stroke Wednesday evening. Beliveau is a true legend of the game, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. I got to meet him a couple years ago at the Leafs 1967 dinner, and it was a true honor. He also sports one of the nicest hockey signatures in the business. All the old timers do. Today's young NHL players should learn a thing, or two from pros like him. Get well soon Mr. Beliveau.

LINK: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...ress&type=lgns

MONTREAL - Hospital officials say hockey legend Jean Beliveau is recovering from a mild stroke and his condition is continuing to improve.

The Montreal General Hospital says Beliveau and his family are appreciative of all the support they have received.

They are also asking that their privacy be respected.

The former captain of the Montreal Canadiens was rushed to hospital on Wednesday night.

Beliveau, 78, won 10 Stanley Cups during an 18-year playing career with the Habs.

The Hockey Hall of Famer has had heart problems in the past and is also a cancer survivor.
    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 01-23-2010, 09:01 PM.
Working...
X