Breaking News - Linda McMahon Wins Connecticut Republican Senate Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News - Linda McMahon Wins Connecticut Republican Senate Primary

Well for the amount of money she spent on the campaign, its a good thing she won or else this would have been Vince's worst investment since the XFL.

Here is the press release from Yahoo.

Ex-WWE Exec Wins GOP Primary For Conn. Senate Seat

HARTFORD, Conn. – Former wrestling executive Linda McMahon has fended off a late challenge from former Congressman Rob Simmons to win the Republican endorsement for Connecticut's U.S. Senate seat.

McMahon on Tuesday defeated both Simmons and Weston financial expert Peter Schiff in the GOP primary.

Simmons had led the race back when U.S. Sen. Chris Dodd was still planning to seek re-election. He suspended his campaign in May after losing the party's endorsement to McMahon, then restarted his efforts in recent weeks with TV ads reminding voters his name was still on the ballot.

But McMahon, who spent more than $20 million of her own money on the primary race, largely ignored his re-entry. She now faces Democratic Attorney General Richard Blumenthal in November.

Well with all the money put into it, she should have won lol

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post

Simmons had led the race back when U.S. Sen. Chris Dodd was still planning to seek re-election. He suspended his campaign in May after losing the party's endorsement to McMahon.....
      If I remember correctly, isn't Simmons the guy that was in hot water for claiming he was over in Vietnam during the war......but oops!....he was NEVER in Vietnam. He later claimed that he had been misquoted. If I remember....he's NOT old enough to have been in the Vietnam War. That was about the time the party decided to back McMahon.

Way to go Linda!

....and I just checked the New York Stock Exchange......WWE Stock dropped 2.6% today.....
      Last edited by ranbethscards; 08-10-2010, 09:16 PM.
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Working...
      X