Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske Moves Wolfe to Keselowski's Sprint Cup

As reported by NASCAR.com:

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Just a few weeks after helping Penske Racing win its first NASCAR championship, Paul Wolfe has been promoted to the Sprint Cup Series.

Wolfe, who led Penske Racing's No. 22 to the 2010 Nationwide Series championship, has been named crew chief of the No. 2 Dodge for 2011. Wolfe will continue to work with Brad Keselowski, who will take over as driver of the No. 2 Dodge beginning next season.

In their first season working together, Keselowski and Wolfe proved to be a dynamic combination. The duo produced six wins and five poles on their way to winning the Nationwide Series championship. The No. 22 team also established a new series single-season record with 26 top-five finishes and the team completed all but one lap of competition throughout the 2010 season.

"It's an honor to get the opportunity to be the crew chief of the Penske Racing No. 2 team," Wolfe said. "It's been a fantastic 2010 season with Brad and the team and I'm excited about the challenge of moving up to the Cup Series next season and the opportunity to continue building on the legacy of the No. 2 car team with Brad behind the wheel."

A former driver who accumulated six top-20 finishes in 16 career Nationwide Series starts, Wolfe first became a crew chief in 2006 with Fitz Racing. He moved on to CJM Racing in the Nationwide Series in 2009 before he joined Penske Racing as crew chief of the No. 22 team in November of last year.

"I'm excited for Paul and I look forward to continuing the momentum and success we had this season in the Nationwide Series," Keselowski said. "We just seemed to click right from the beginning and we look to bring that same magic to the No. 2 team in 2011."

*** Congratulations Paul! ***
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Probably the best decision Penske has ever made besides dropping Hornish out of cup!
    http://mdclapps.webs.com/
    http://s783.photobucket.com/home/mdclapps/index
    I will trade or buy for needed Brad Keselowski items.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X