Kenny Wallace To Make 500th Start In Nationwide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Wallace To Make 500th Start In Nationwide

Sunday, May 22nd, Kenny Wallace will do what only one other driver has ever done.

Start his 500th Nationwide/Busch Series race.

The only other driver to do it is Jason Keller (who holds the series record with 519).

The following information was taken from a story posted on NASCAR.com and I thought it would be a great read for any NASCAR fan:

The number Wallace is most proud of, though, is 855 -- that's how many races he's run across all of NASCAR. He looks on the Nationwide Series as the place where he started his career, where he resurrected his career and where he'll likely end his career.
    Wallace's Nationwide career began in 1988 when Rusty Wallace called to tell him he'd be running full time the following year in what was known as the Busch Series.

"What is that?" Kenny said.

Kenny was racing ASA out of his hometown of St. Louis at the time and didn't know much about NASCAR. Rusty arranged for Kenny to drive a Dale Earnhardt-owned Chevrolet at Martinsville, and a career was born.
    Kenny Wallace has nine career victories in the Nationwide Series, but none since 2001.
    He took a leap of faith for 2011 by driving for RAB Racing without a salary. RAB was a step up, performance-wise, than his previous teams, and Wallace has responded with a solid start to the season.
    "I'll be 48 in August," Wallace said. "Everybody knows I've got two, three years left. It's very important to me to end my career with dignity, and that's the reason I'm driving this car free.
    Wow.....22 years of racing....and only nine (9) wins. Driving without a salary? This shows how much the guy really loves the sport and why Kenny is one of the fan favorites!
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!
Working...
X