It's official - Dan Wheldon Unemployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official - Dan Wheldon Unemployed

"INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Dan Wheldon embarked on his new mission Monday — finding a job.

Less than 24 hours after JR Hildebrand's crash gave the Englishman an improbable second Indianapolis 500 title, Wheldon was contemplating his racing future. With no ride lined up for IndyCar's next two stops — Texas and Milwaukee — or any other venue this year, his season could be one and done.

"I'm unemployed. I'm unemployed," Wheldon said during his day-after victory tour. "I'm sure Bryan will do everything he can to keep me in a race car, but Bryan is an astute businessman, too."

In racing parlance, that means no sponsorship money, no ride.

For the moment, Wheldon has neither, and the sour economy isn't helping.

His contract with Bryan Herta Autosport expired at midnight, hours after a stunning victory gave the team a win in only its second Indy start. It was Wheldon's first win since 2008, and there's no guarantee Herta or Wheldon will compete again on the IndyCar circuit this season.

Herta's game plan was to run one race, Indy, then build its way into a full-time IndyCar team in 2012, a route he might still take. But Wheldon's win has changed things a bit."
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Great Info randy thank you Have a great week Buddy
    Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
    Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

This IS laughable. How does the IndyCar series think it can grow and get media attention and win fans if they can't even have the Indy 500 winner at the Next race. Indy series needs to get a clue

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

The only other sport you see this in is Golf where the upcoming weeks are optional as well.... still it is somewhat of a disgrace to see this happen....

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
          This IS laughable. How does the IndyCar series think it can grow and get media attention and win fans if they can't even have the Indy 500 winner at the Next race. Indy series needs to get a clue
          Very well written Buddy AWSOME.
          Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
          Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Working...
          X