NASCAR/FCC Look The Other Way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR/FCC Look The Other Way?

This is NOT a bashing thread against Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knauss or the Hendricks Organization. This is just one man's thoughts on what was overlooked this week.

Last week NASCAR Fans overheard Jimmie Johnson's Crew Chief (Chad Knauss) say "oops!...the engine blew up!" over the car radio and national television (NOT his exact words, but cannot post that here!).

Neither NASCAR or the FCC addressed this situation this past week.

In the last few years Drivers and Crew Chiefs have been slapped for using less offensive words (again, this being a family site, we are not permitted to use the words, but... let's just say it's what a beaver does to a river..lol)

I agree that FOX/ESPN should have NEVER broadcast the language, but it still went out over the car radio and heard by hundreds of Fans.

A couple years ago when Robbie Gordon was in the garage area and was upset, he used a couple terms (both the reference to what a beaver does to a river and H E double hockey sticks) and was slapped by NASCAR with only a handful of Fans around.

NASCAR has to stick to their rules and stop changing the rules for certain teams.

Now, I'll be the first to stand up and say "I am NOT a Jimmie Johnson Fan", but this has nothing to do with Jimmie! This was an "oops" by Knauss. I'm not saying fine him, I'm saying if you are going to slap one hand for being in the cookie jar, you need to slap all hands in the cookie jar.

And one more thing.....the new "Boys Have At It" rule. I love that rule, but please NASCAR don't say "Have at it"...., then point your finger and say.."well, everyone have at it, except you and you and you and you......"

Now, with that being said, I know someone will bring up the "driving incident" by Kyle Busch. That was truly STUPID of Kyle! However, it is not a NASCAR issue. While it was dangerous, NASCAR will and should stay away from this. Joe Gibbs will handle this (and I think he should!).
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

I don't see how you can punish someone that NASCAR/Fox is at fault for letting slip by, especially when you have the chance to make sure it doesnt air (since the brodcast is delayed a few seconds)

If NASCAR were to fine anyone, they'd be giving a fine because they screwed up, which would make no sense

Comment

they probably didnt do anything because they listened in on his radio. It wasnt like he was being interviewed at the time and willfully swore on national tv. They CHOSE to break into his radio chatter. If anyone should be blasted it should be the network for not having the delay ready.
      somebodys watching me rockwell

Comment

....and those fans that were listening in on the in-car radio frequency? That paid for the headset at the vendor booth to listen to Jimmie/Chad's conversations?

I guess it all comes down to this.....we all get upset and say "blankity-blank" at one point or another (whether it's a four letter word or a multiple-letter word). Did Chad really cause a problem by saying what he did? Would any of us have noticed if DW had kept his mouth shut and not mentioned and apologized for the oops? Honestly, it slipped right by me until DW made his statement.

The same person that complained about hearing the "f-word" on NASCAR turned to HBO and let his children watch nudity and listen to the "f-word" during the two-hour movie... or maybe that special episode of South Park.
        Randy
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Last edited by jonsportscardz; 06-04-2011, 09:51 AM.
          Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
          Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

....and those fans that were listening in on the in-car radio frequency? That paid for the headset at the vendor booth to listen to Jimmie/Chad's conversations?

thats why they pay for the headsets so they can hear the real stuff.
            somebodys watching me rockwell

Comment

Originally posted by SHELBYSALEEN View Post

amen buddy
              Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
              Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Originally posted by SHELBYSALEEN View Post

yeppers!
                Randy
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Every driver/crew chief drops an F-bomb at least once a race. Guaranteed. I've been to enough races with a scanner to know that. Most drivers drop at least 10 a race.

If I know that, FOX obviously knows that...and cutting into someones radio as soon as something bad happens was a really dumb move on their part.

Also....putting any blame on Knaus is 100% ridiculous.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                  Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                  Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                  X