Kyle Busch wins 3rd race of the season in Inaugural Kentucky Cup race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch wins 3rd race of the season in Inaugural Kentucky Cup race

SPARTA, Ky. (AP)—Kyle Busch won the inaugural Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway on Saturday night, pulling away from Jimmie Johnson on a restart with three laps to go.

Busch won the Trucks race here on Thursday night and had little trouble finding his way to Victory Lane for the second time in three days at the 1.5-mile oval. He started from the pole and dominated long stretches of the 400-mile race to pick up his third Cup win of the season.

David Reutimman slipped past Johnson to finish second. Ryan Newman was fourth, followed by Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth.

The first visit by NASCAR’s top series provided few fireworks on the track, but plenty off it as traffic issues plagued the race.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Kyle dominated all night, not surprised he pulled away at the end. Thrilled my guys finished 2nd/3rd though.

Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

total domination tonight.... no doubt when the headcase has his head on right he is good

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I think the 00 would of made a run at him if there were a few more laps. Still a pretty dominating night for the M+M's team.

Comment

I have a feeling the Cup race at Kentucky next year will be lucky to draw 60,000 (107k tonight). Traffic was so bad earlier in the day it was backed up EIGHTEEN MILES.

Also heard fans were still trying to get into the track as late as 8:30 PM, but because of lack of parking room people were turned away.

I can't even imagine getting turned away from a race because of traffic/parking issues. (Then again, I get to tracks at 6 AM to avoid traffic in the first place lol)

Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The "parking" issue has me confused.

Looked like the stands were full....so everyone who had a ticket was already there... so why were these "others" showing up to see the race?

It's NOT the movies...you just can't show up and say I want tickets.
            Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

there are a ton of walks ups. I am sure was the case for an inaugural race....I remember one year after a pounding rain The Glen had to close down about 3 huge lots and we were stuck in traffic for like 4hrs and still had not gotten a ticket. We made it in by the 40th lap OUCH

I notice here in the Poconos they have even more window traffic for like will calls but they have numerous tents selling tickets in town
              Last edited by wheeler281; 07-11-2011, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I have been a long "hater" of Nascar etc... but have oddly enough found myself watching it more and more...

still hate it... but why am I watching it?

looks like they may have another fan LOL errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

go busch, still my favorite
                  Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...ntucky-apology

Comment

Ticket exchange doesn't make up for all the money spent on hotels/food/gas that entire weekend..........Kentucky really dropped the ball.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I had heard about the traffic problems, but had not heard about some not getting even into the event. I would be so PO'd if it were me.

Comment

watching inside nascar last night. I would not be surprised if they never go back. That places infrastructure can not handle the big boys. They do not even have enough bathrooms, food and drink places.

Sad thing is as pointed somebody knew that was gonna happen. Nascars was peeved and am sure they are diuscussing pulling out of there

Comment

Working...
                          X