Kyle Busch wins Nationwide race at Loudon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Busch wins Nationwide race at Loudon

LOUDON, N.H. (AP)—Kyle Busch has sped into auto racing history, becoming the third NASCAR driver to win 100 races.

Busch’s victory Saturday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway also tied him with Mark Martin for first place in career Nationwide Series victories with 49. Busch has 22 wins in Sprint Cup and 29 in the Trucks Series.

Richard Petty is NASCAR’s career leader with 200 wins and David Pearson is second with 105. Petty and Pearson won all their races at the Cup level. Busch has 100 wins spread over NASCAR’s top three national series.

Busch, the 2009 Nationwide champion, won for the sixth time this season.

Asked how many of his 99 victories he remembered, Busch said this week he only thinks about the next one.

Kevin Harvick finished second and Kasey Kahne finished third, while Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Aric Almirola rounded out the top-five.

Updated Standings:
    1. Sadler LEADER
    2. Sorenson -7
    3. Stenhouse Jr. -18
    4. Allgaier -41

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

My only comment on this ridiculous 100th win nonsense:

Cup numbers are all that matters in the end. If you hit 1,000 HR's in your career at AAA, you aren't getting into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Seems just like media buzz to try and elevate his status in my opinion. NNS/Truck wins really don't mean much to me for someone as established as Busch.

Comment

freakin' whiners......

Congratulations Kyle Busch!

NOT many drivers hit the 100 Win Milestone.....
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Congrats Kyle.....Win Number 100!

Congratulations Kyle!

I know it's counting Trucks, Nationwide and Sprint

but it is still very impressive!
          Randy
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Pretty impressive to win a race at any level of nascar, IMO. 100 combined wins is pretty impressive to me. I don't think guys like Kyle Busch care what kind of race it is (Cup, Nationwide, Craftsman) that they're in. They love to race period, even if it's in a horse, and buggy. I can't stand Kyle Busch either, but to belittle his accomplishments in this sport is plain childish.

Comment

100 Cup wins is impressive. Get there, then I'll be impressed by him. There's at least 10 drivers in the Cup series that would easily have 100 total wins if they were the only one running every Truck, Nationwide and Cup race possible.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
                freakin' whiners......

Congratulations Kyle Busch!

NOT many drivers hit the 100 Win Milestone.....
                not many drivers enter everything under the sun.. I mean really lol Could you imagine of JJ or even Kevin entered all that garbage all the time. Kevin owns a team that has 3 guys no need to race

great win none the less glad Happy saved his "get back" for some more meaningful races
                Last edited by wheeler281; 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Kyle doesn't enter everything....just 99 percent of the races..lol

okay...that's not true either....and Kevin runs his share of Nationwide.

Joe Gibbs wants Kyle to run......if Joe didn't want Kyle to run the races then he would tell him no.

The fact that the guy just hit number "100" is amazing. You should appreciate his talent and be happy for his fan-base.
                  Randy
                  ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

To be honest, if I was a Cup owner I wouldn't want my guy to drive in any of the other series. I would want him to concentrate solely on their Cup ride. I do understand that drivers can gather some value data, and experience running the night before a Cup race, but I would be more concerned about them getting injured, and not be able to fufill their Cup responsibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
                      To be honest, if I was a Cup owner I wouldn't want my guy to drive in any of the other series. I would want him to concentrate solely on their Cup ride.
                      I would have thought that when NASCAR said "pick the series you are driving for points", that the drivers would have said "I'll go here...full time, no other series".

I understand what the haters are saying.....I guess the best way to say it is....

"Verlander...since you are pitching for Detroit this season, you will NOT drop down to the Toledo Mudhens on the weekends...."

Makes sense.

Randy
                      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I truly don't believe guys like Busch, Edwards, Harvick etc. race the other series races whenever they can for publicity. They are only 50 people in the world at a given time that make it to Cup. There is no higher award. These guys race these other events simply because they love to race, whether it's in a car, in a boat, on a bike, or whatever. It's all they know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
                          I truly don't believe guys like Busch, Edwards, Harvick etc. race the other series races whenever they can for publicity. They are only 50 people in the world at a given time that make it to Cup. There is no higher award. These guys race these other events simply because they love to race, whether it's in a car, in a boat, on a bike, or whatever. It's all they know how to do.
                          Thats it brother. Kevin ran his majority when coming up and won a championship. He runs them now based on sponsor requests/occasions and lets be honest nobody cares about truck wins.. They might even close that circuit down the next few years.
                          Last edited by wheeler281; 07-17-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                            ............... and lets be honest nobody cares about truck wins..
                            I don't think that Bodine, Hornaday, Skinner, Crafton.......would buy into that.
                            Randy
                            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

my bad ... you are right... the only ones that care are the ones that are only successful in it. Those 4 names right there pretty much sums it up

Comment

Working...
                              X