Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The race to 100...and those that have done it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The race to 100...and those that have done it!

After seeing all the comments about "100 Winston Cup/Sprint Cup" wins....I checked....

here is a listing of Number of Wins / Sprint Cup / Nationwide / Truck:

1. Richard Petty 200; 200; 0; 0

2. David Pearson 106; 105; 1; 0

3. Kyle Busch 100; 22; 49 ;29

4. Dale Earnhardt 97; 76; 21; 0

4. Darrell Waltrip 97; 84; 13; 0

6. Mark Martin 96; 40; 49; 7

7. Jeff Gordon 89; 84; 5; 0

8. Bobby Allison 86; 84; 2; 0

9. Cale Yarborough 83; 83; 0; 0

10. Kevin Harvick 63; 17; 37; 9

Wow!...Petty...200 WINSTON CUP / SPRINT CUP WINS!!!!

Now that is amazing!

Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Petty's accomplishments will never be matched, heck, there's a very good chance nobody will ever reach 2nd place David Pearson, either. Petty was so dominant, and so far ahead of his competition, there is zero chance of anyone dominating like that in today's day, and age. I'm sure when it's all said, and done Jeff Gordon will end up 3rd in all time wins, and those 3 will never be touched. Jimmy Johnson could challenge Gordon someday, and could challenge Petty, and Earnhardt for Championships, but it won't be easy. We"ll see if he can get #6 out of the way this year, and go from there.
    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 07-16-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

While Jimmie Johnson does not make the list of "Top Ten" in total wins, he does have a total of 54 Sprint Cup Wins....let's say he has four wins over the next 12 years he could easily hit 100 Sprint Cup Wins.

Any other driver I would say no way....but looking at his record over the last few years, I would say it's very possible that JJ will hit the 100 "Sprint Cup Wins" mark before he retires.

....and do I dare say it? Six...seven Championships? Possibly eight?

Hey...I don't like the guy, but it's obvious he has talent and can obtain these goals (even though I go to Church on Sunday and ask the good Lord to NOT allow JJ to win!)
      Randy
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

He could reach 100 if he races that long, but who knows what's in his future plans? The way the economy is now, who knows what the future brings? I think Gordon could still win a handful of races too, so who knows how many he'll end up with. I think Johnson has a way better shot at 7, or more Championships, than he does 100+ race wins. I'm anxiously awaiting how this all turns out, so long as the good Lord is willing for me!

Comment

For debates sake:

Is there ANYONE in the world that says Ron Hornaday is tied with Jeff Gordon for 4th most championships in NASCAR? No. Never in my life have I heard someone say that.

So why do people insist on saying Kyle Busch is 'halfway' to Petty's record total?????? Comparing apples to oranges. Is Kyle #1 all-time in the Nationwide Series? Absolutely.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

First...I agree with the Kyle "halfway" comment. He's NOT even close. No one should be comparing his 100 TOTAL wins to Petty's 200 Winston Cup wins. Kyle will probably end up with "MOST TOTAL WINS" of all time, but I don't see him getting 100 wins in Sprint Cup. Today's NASCAR is NOT like the NASCAR of the past....there are way to many up-and-coming drivers to allow guys to drive until they are 50-plus (sorry Mark Martin, it's time to hang up the spurs and let some other cowboy jump onto the saddle).

Second...

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            ....Is there ANYONE in the world that says Ron Hornaday is tied with Jeff Gordon for 4th most championships in NASCAR?
            ...well....that's just plain out-right funny... Comparing Hornaday to Gordon is like comparing Roseanne Barr to Megan Fox.

SIDE NOTE: I'm 54....so yeah...I can call Mark Martin "OLD".
            Randy
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

i dont think anyone will come close to petty in wins
              Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Working...
              X