2nd Annual Rising Stars of America All-Star Kickball Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Rising Stars of America All-Star Kickball Event

A couple weeks ago, I won tickets on twitter from Baron Davis to attend the 2nd annual Rising Stars of America All-Star Kickball Event. I promised Baron that I would blog about my experience. Enjoy!

The RSOA All-Star Kickball game was held at Crossroads Elementary in Santa Monica. I arrived at 12:40 pm but had to wait until 1 pm when they opened the gate for the event. There was two separate sections, playground and lunch.

Playground
    The playground consist of many games for the kids, an interview station, and the kickball field. No food was allowed on the playground.

Lunch Area
    The lunch area had many tables set up for the fans and VIPs to eat and hang out. The VIPs had their food station but most of them were walking around and chatting with the fans. Craig Smith (LA Clippers) and Samardo Samuels (CLE Cavaliers) sat right next to me.

Craig Smith
    The food was amazing and free. They provided hamburgers, turkey burgers, hot dogs, fries, nachos, and ice cream. Pop chips had a couple of chip racks set up in various locations. There was buckets filled with water bottles and a NeuroSport stand with 5 different drinks available to choose (Neuro Sonic, Neuro Sun, Neuro Bliss, Neuro Sport, and Neuro Trim). My favorite was the Neuro Sport.

Kickball Set-Up
    The field took up about half of the turf soccer field. They set up reserve seating for the family & friends of the celebrities. There was also a lounge for the Rising Stars of America kids who were in attendance. The DJ was spinning from 12:30 til the end of the event which was around 4:30.

All-Star Kickball Game
    There was an actual kickball game being played between celebrities. The game lasted a little over an hour and it was a lot of fun. There was a total of eight home runs hit by both teams. Only one minor injury when Nick Young was rounding third base, the black team threw the ball at him and he was laying on the ground for a couple of seconds but he was fine and got up on his own.

Black Team:
    Pooh Jeter (Sacramento Kings)
    Samardo Samuels (Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Fuzzy Fantabulous (Power 106 Radio)
    Dorrell Wright (Golden State Warriors)
    Ben Lyons ( E! - Entertainment TV)
    Michael Ealy (Movie Star)
    Angell Conwell (Movie Star)
    Damien Wayans (Director)
    Guy Torry (Comedian)
    Eva Marcille (Model)
    Kim Glass (Volleyball)
    Jason Collins (Atlanta Hawks)

Grey Team:
    Ramses Barden (New York Giants)
    Jarrod Collins (NBA)
    Sheldon Williams (New York Knicks)
    James Blake (Tennis)
    Craig Smith (Los Angeles Clippers)
    Dijon Thompson (Former UCLA Bruin)
    Brandon Heath (Former SDSU Aztec)
    Denyce Lawton (TV Star)
    Nick Young (Washington Wizards)
    Eiphram Salaam (Director)
    John Wall (Washington Wizards)
    Cash Warren (MVP from last year - DNP)

Ramses Barden
    Eipham Salaam
    Craig Smith

Dijon ThompsonBaron DavisJohn Wall
    Nick YoungIn the bottom half of the 5th inning, Baron Davis made up a new rule to help the Black team try to comeback. There would be two pitchers rolling the ball and the Grey team had to get a total of 6 outs. The Black team were only able to score 2 more runs. The Grey team won and the Golden Boot (MVP) went to John Wall with his two home runs. His second was an inside the park home run.

Box Score

Special Appearances:
    Gabrielle Union & Dwayne Wade (Actress & Miami Heat)Candice Parker (LA Sparks)Tina Thompson & Ticha Penicheiro (LA Sparks)
    I want to thank Baron Davis for giving me the opportunity to attend the RSOA All-Star Kickball event.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X