• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Edwards Renews w/ Rousch

As if this was ever in doubt at all
    --------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...ds-roushfenway

Carl Edwards spurned an offer from Joe Gibbs Racing, and signed a multi-year contract extension with current team Roush Fenway Racing.

The deal was announced Thursday and puts Edwards, the current Sprint Cup Series points leader, in position to compete for his first Cup championship.

“I sincerely appreciate the amazing opportunity that Jack Roush has given me in this sport and am honored to race for him,” Edwards said in a statement.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Was just about to post this.

Smart move I think. He's Roush/Ford's banner driver, and I honestly didn't see him working very well with the egos of Hamlin and Busch at JGR. I think this will end up being the right call for him in the longrun.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      Was just about to post this.

Smart move I think. He's Roush/Ford's banner driver, and I honestly didn't see him working very well with the egos of Hamlin and Busch at JGR. I think this will end up being the right call for him in the longrun.
      agreed it was your typical banter to get him a better contract to stay... I am sure there was not a .5% chance he was leaving to go over to the jgr circus

Comment

Trying to figure out why this had to become a "Hamlin and Busch Ego" and "JGR Circus" thread......

Just give a congrats to Carl.
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

commenting on reasons why he probably chose the way he did if he was debating..Pretty simple. Not sure a congrats is in order

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and assume Roush didn't give him $18M/year to stay...so the fact that he (probably) took less tells you all you need to know about the situation.

He's a better fit at Roush and has very solid teammates that he works well with already.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
            X