Dale Jr resigns with Hendrick through 2017; Edwards has new Cup sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Jr resigns with Hendrick through 2017; Edwards has new Cup sponsor

Dale Jr. re-signs with Hendrick thru 2017: Hendrick Motorsports and driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. have agreed to a five-year contract extension that will keep Earnhardt behind the wheel of the #88 Chevys through the end of the 2017 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. "We're excited to have everything formalized and announced," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "Junior and I had a handshake agreement months ago, and we let other people work out the finer points from there. It was as simple and smooth as it gets. My feelings haven't changed since the day he first signed with us. I'm committed as ever to putting him in the best possible situation to be successful and compete for wins and championships."

Fastenal Steps up to be primary sponsor for Edwards: Fastenal announced that it has signed a multiyear agreement with Roush Fenway Racing to become a primary sponsor of Carl Edwards' #99 Ford in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Fastenal will be the primary on Edwards' #99 for 17 Cup Series races in 2012, starting at Daytona International Speedway. The company will also sponsor two additional Roush Fenway entries in a yet to be determined 2012 Sprint Cup Series race, putting three Fastenal-branded Fords on the track during a single event. "I've appreciated the long relationship that I've had with Fastenal," said Edwards. "I'm proud that they believe so strongly in our team and program that they are making the commitment to sponsor us in the Sprint Cup Series. My partnership with Fastenal started in 1999 at my local dirt track. I would have never imagined that we would be going to the 2012 Daytona 500 together. They have always treated me with the same respect that they treat their customers and I am proud to represent them."
    "It's hard to imagine a better driver, or a better spokesperson for our company, than Carl Edwards," said Cory Jansen, Fastenal's Executive Vice President, Operations. "He's become a true member of the Fastenal 'blue team,' and we can't wait to see him make a run for the championship in the #99 Fastenal Ford."
    If it wasn't about how much money Dale Jr. brings in, I think Hendrick would've made a push to sign Bowyer for that 88 car.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

I like it...

Comment

I agree Jeremy... Rick no doubt was gonna extend him. He sells waaaaaaaaay to much in gear...Also not like Bowyer is head and shoulders above him... So all things being equal on the track for the most part this was a no brainer

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
      X