U.S. Men's National Team Training Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Men's National Team Training Recap

Last night, the United States Men's National Team held a public training session for their fans at the Home Depot Center in Carson. The gates opened up at 4:30 pm but I didn't get there until about 5:15 pm. The team was scheduled to train from 5-6 pm but they didn't show up until about 5:30 so I didn't miss anything.

Before the team began their training session, Jurgen Klinsmann, the new head coach, talked about the future of the U.S. team and what he expects from the next couple games. He also mentioned that the U.S. team will have more public training sessions for fans in different cities.

Here's are the players that we training in front of the crowd.

GOALKEEPERS: Bill Hamid, Tim Howard
    DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra, Edgar Castillo, Timmy Chandler, Clarence Goodson, Michael Orozco Fiscal, Tim Ream, Jonathan Spector
    MIDFIELDERS: Maurice Edu, Fabian Johnson, Sacha Kljestan, Jeff Larentowicz, Chris Pontius, Robbie Rogers, Brek Shea, Jose Torres
    FORWARDS: Juan Agudelo, Jozy Altidore, Teal Bunbury, Landon Donovan

I shot some video of the training session for others to see. They played a scrimmage against each other but no one scored.

If you want to see all of the pictures I took from the training session you can visit the Los Angeles Inspiration Facebook page. I added a folder called U.S. Men's National Team Training Session in the photo section.

Their training session ended about about 6:25 pm and almost every player walked over to the crowd to sign autographs. I brought my USA soccer ball to get signed but I wasn't in the front row when they started, but I managed to make it behind a guy who didn't have anything for the players to sign. He asked if I wanted my ball signed and I gave it to him.

I was able to get a total of 14 autographs. My main goal was to get Landon Donovan who signed for every single fan and even took pictures with babies. I'll show off some of the autographs, but I don't remember all of the players that signed. I got Landon Donovan, Jozy Altidore, Edgar Castillo, Tim Ream, Tim Howard, Teal Bunbury, Robbie Rogers, Bill Hamid and Juan Agudelo. I'm still trying to figure out the rest but it's too hard to make out some of their signatures. It would of been nice to get all of the autographs in blue sharpie but someone the guy switched my sharpie with his friend because he wanted blue. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't of been able to get any autographs so I didn't really care.

Landon Donovan!

Tim Howard was the first player to sign the ball but his autograph didn't come out because the marker he used was out of ink. Also, Jozy Altidore's autograph smeared when the guy grabbed it back from him.

If you want to see the rest of the pictures, they are on the facebook page.

Reminder: USA vs. Costa Rica (Sept. 2nd; 8pm @ Home Depot Center)

Thanks to the U.S. team and Home Depot Center for hosting an awesome event.

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X