Dan Henderson Returns At UFC 139

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Henderson Returns At UFC 139

One of my favorite MMA fighters has signed back with the UFC. Dan Henderson vacated his Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Title to return to the Octagon. Hendo will face Shogun Rua at UFC 139 which is in San Jose. That makes 3 of Strikeforce's title holders who have vacated their belts in the last few months to sign with the UFC. Its only a matter of time before Strikeforce finishes up their dates on Showtime and then folds into the UFC roster. Also on the same card, former Strikeforce Champion Cung Le will make his UFC debut.

Another Strikeforce defection: Henderson vs. Rua at UFC 139 - Cagewriter - UFC Blog - Yahoo! Sports

all about the $$

Saw this coming once he beat Fedor

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I agree. He was going to get paid a lot no matter what after knocking out Fedor. He was never going to leave Zuffa since they own both companies, but it was more about whether he wanted to fight under the UFC or Strikeforce banner. I dont know why anyone would want to fight for Strikeforce if you had the choice to go to the UFC instead. 3 past champions already vacatated their titles. The writing is on the wall for them.

Comment

Working...
      X