Does anyone really watch the LPGA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone really watch the LPGA?

Anyone interested in LPGA? Me neither... but I figured I'd ask.

My existence on this planet is closing in on four decades, yet I've never watched an LPGA event in my lifetime. The fact is... I love to golf... but watching it has never been high on my priority list. And watching women's golf is even lower on the totem poll.

But today is special day. It's Lorena Ochoa's birthday.

If you're not familiar with her, she was once the top female golfer in the world. In fact, she is considered by some to be the greatest golfer to come out of Mexico and was the first one to be ranked #1.

Her list of achievements on the LPGA tour is long and impressive (lol... that's what she said).

Futures Tour Rookie of the Year:2002
    Futures Tour Player of the Year: 2002
    LPGA Tour Rookie of the Year: 2003
    LPGA Tour Rolex Player of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2008, & 2009
    LPGA Vare Trophy Winner (Lowest Scoring Average): 2006, 2007, 2008
    LPGA Tour Money Winner: 2006, 2007, 2008

I'm so out of touch, when it comes to women's professional golf, that I just found out she retired in May 2010. According to ESPN, she'll be eligible for the LGPA Tour Hall of Fame next year in 2012.

I pulled the 2004 SP Signature 8x10 autograph of Ochoa a few years ago, when I was trying to track down a Tiger. Anyways... you have to admit... Upper Deck sure knew how to make cards. That photograph is absolutely amazing. The only downside was their choice to use sticker autographs.

Happy 30th Birthday Senora Ochoa!

What about all of you...

Do you golf?
    Do you watch golf on TV?
    Do you watch women's golf on TV?

Hasta luego! Have a great week everyone.

NaBlo WriMo Daily Total: 284 Words
    November Total: 3,943 Words

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

I do for the ladies. Natalie Gulbis and Paula Creamer are hotties

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

wheeler281 - no doubt... both of those women are beautiful!
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

they do have families and friends... so I'm sure SOMEONE watches it...

not me... but I'm sure someone does

Comment

Working...
        X