Wrestlemania 26 Possible Match Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestlemania 26 Possible Match Lineup

Wrestlemania 26 is coming up on March 28, 2010. Every year Wrestlemania is the best WWE Pay Per View there is. What matches do you want to see this year? Below are the list of matches I would like to see based on storylines that seem to be starting or matches in general that will be really good. I didnt include some wrestlers that I know will be on the card or in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Kane, Evan Bourne, MVP, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, and Shelton Benjamin.

Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels - I know there are rumors that Triple H will feud with his friend Sheamus for the WWE Title. First that will be a horrible match since Sheamus isnt that good and should not have the title in the first place. Since Shawn Michaels isnt going to have that many more Wrestlemania matches in his career, I would like him to win the WWE Title one more time before he retires. A match with his best friend with both wrestlers as faces will be a great way to end Wrestlemania with Shawn Michaels winning the title.

Bret Hart Vs Vince McMahon - Everyone knows that Bret Hart will wrestle his WWE retirement match at Wrestlemania 26. WWE would not have signed Bret Hart to a 90 day contract if all he was going to do is to host Monday Night Raw next week. I dont think Bret Hart can wrestle like he use to due to injuries and health concerns, but he can still beat the crap out of Vince McMahon and get his revenge for the Survivor Series incident.

Undertaker Vs John Cena - The Wrestlemania streak is what Wrestlemania is all about. I dont think anyone will ever beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. But having him go against John Cena will make fans think that he could actually lose. I cant stand John Cena, and havent liked him since he turned face several years ago. I think this match is the best feud The Undertaker can have for Wrestlemania.

Edge Vs Chris Jericho - Ever since Edge got injured, Chris Jericho had to tag with The Big Show. Making fun of Edge at every turn, it is guaranteed that Edge will be a face when he returns. This match will have 2 of the best technical wrestlers in WWE.

Randy Orton Vs Ted Dibiase - It seems like Legacy will be breaking up sometime soon. The face turn of Ted Dibiase has already started. Much like when Batista left Evolution and beat Triple H at Wrestlemania 21, I can see Dibiase beating Orton and cementing himself as a future main eventer. A great way to end this match would be for the ref to not count the 1-2-3 for Orton and then he gets pinned by Dibiase. After the match is over, we hear the Million Dollar Man theme song and have Ted Sr come out to pay off the ref.

Christian Vs Bryan Danielson - Well the ECW Title has to be defended at Wrestlemania. Since I see Christian getting drafted to Smackdown whenever the WWE Draft is, he needs to lose the title to someone who can carry ECW or whatever the show will be called next year. Enter Bryan Danielson from Ring of Honor. He is rumored to start with ECW soon and is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world. Trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal, Danielson can be the main star on ECW since he would definitely be wasted on Raw and Smackdown.

Rey Misterio Vs Low Ki - This can be one of those matches that steals the show and sets the bar for every other match on the card. Low Ki is one of the most exciting high flying wrestlers in the world. Formally Senshi and Low Ki in TNA, he will be wrestling as Kaval in WWE when he gets called up. Rey needs a high paced exciting wrestler to feud with since his feud with Batista is getting too stale.

C.M. Punk Vs Jeff Hardy - For some reason, I can see Jeff Hardy returning to WWE by Wrestlemania. Smackdown is heavily pushing C.M. Punk and his straight edge gimmick. He always mentions getting rid of Jeff Hardy in his interviews. It just seems logical that Jeff Hardy will be back and sooner than expected.

The Hart Dynasty Vs The Briscoe Brothers - With Bret Hart returning to WWE, there is no doubt that his nephew, niece, and last student trained in the Hart Dungeon will get a huge push. I can see Bret Hart costing DX the tag titles in a match against the Hart Dynasty. Since there are no other real tag teams in WWE anymore, enter The Briscoe Brothers of Ring of Honor fame. They got a few tryout matches recently and may be offered a contract soon. Jay and Mark Briscoe may not be known by a wide audience, but they are two of the best indy wrestlers much like Bryan Danielson that a lot of wrestling fans may have never heard of.

Batista Vs The Big Show - Well we know these 2 main eventers will be on the card, but I dont know what storyline they will be apart of. Since every Wrestlemania card has 2 giants go against one another, these two fit that profile perfectly.

I was wanting to get ring side seats again for this (had row 2 when they were in Seattle a few years back) but prices keep going up it seems. went on stubhub and some guy wanted 65,000 it seemed for a ring side seat? maybe I read it wrong, but that seemed ridiculous

Comment

HBK vs Undertaker II- HBK keeps asking and you know eventually he's going to get the chance. Vince said monday night Shawn needs to "do it himself" That may mean Shawn wins the royal rumble and chooses to face UT at Wrestlemania.

HHH vs Sheamus, now i don't want to see it, but if Sheamus holds onto the belt, you'd assume HHH will get his chance.

Morrison vs The Miz- this will probably somehow happen, not sure how bu it will

Money in the Bank- I'd assume CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, and two others would up this match. Maybe Jack Swagger gets tossed in here as well

Comment

they are talking teddy vs randy

i can see kofi getting a title shot of some sort-

also, wouldnt be shocked to see hbk-taker end by bret hart screwing shawn...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
          they are talking teddy vs randy

i can see kofi getting a title shot of some sort-

also, wouldnt be shocked to see hbk-taker end by bret hart screwing shawn...
          I can see that as well, but i think it'd be a poor ending, i could see something like Hart costing DX the titles next week by screwing Shawn over, but not at the end of his contract where theres nothing you can build off of

Comment

maybe- but they wont do a bret screws shawn right away, fans dont want bret to be a heel

also, i dont see bret wrestling vince, shawn, or anyone else- he had a stroke and has confirmed brain injuries- theres no way he ever steps into a ring again

Comment

Maybe, but i just cant see them ending his contract screwing HBK with no ending, although the same could be said for 1997 SS

I agree he'll never wrestle again, while most fans may want it, its just not going to be able to happen, even a gimmick match wont happen i'd say

Comment

i would hope they wouldnt tarnish brets legacy by putting him in a gimmick match. special ref for taker/bk though? thats got possibilities

Comment

That could happen, but from what i'm reading on rumor boards, they are trying to stear clear of Bret doing anything with HBK or HHH becase theres some ill feelings still there. It seems they want to just stick with Vince/Bret doing something

Comment

Its not like Bret would have to wrestle a technical match, but a brawl or street fight with Vince seems like it will happen. I just wish he could have had a real retirement match. Dream Match would be against Kurt Angle if we could turn the clock back.

I dont really want to see Taker and HBK again. They match last year was really good and I still remember when both of them feuded in the late 90s when they were both in their prime.

Sheamus shouldnt even be on Wrestlemania and is only a champion because he is Triple H's friend and that way it will be easier to drop the belt to him.

Comment

Like I mentioned, i think its in Brets intrest to not do anything that could get him hurt, a major stroke as you know is something that is serious

HBK vs Taker II would draw in a BUNCH of money, guarnteed

Comment

The only reason I dont want to see Taker HBK II again is because I prefer Taker to go against a different opponent at Wrestlemania. He fought Kane twice (Wrestlemania 14 and Wrestlemania 20) which kind of changed the streak of beating different opponents at Wrestlemania. If its not HBK, a match against John Cena at Wrestlemania is the biggest money maker I could think of.

But I agree that HBK needs to get a title shot and win the title from whoever the WWE or World Champion is at that time.

Comment

Kerwin i got 2 tickets to WM26,know anyone who would buy them? lol i really dont think i will go concidering it will be in Indy in 2011,only way im paying for plane and everything if its gonna be HBK or TAKERS final match.

Thanks
                          Jeff
                          Click My Banner To See My Bucket
                          Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Working...
                          X