TNA Impact Jan 4th - Hogan Bischoff NWO Flair Hardy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA Impact Jan 4th - Hogan Bischoff NWO Flair Hardy

The first TNA Impact for 2010 was a huge show with many surprises and returns. I still dont think TNA will ever compete with WWE because with the NWO reforming, we all know where this is heading - WCW 2010.

Here are the returns/surprises/debuts

Hulk Hogan - Name alone will bring huge coverage for TNA. But there is only so much more he can do in the ring.

Jeff Hardy - Biggest surprise of the night in my opinon. Since he has 2 strikes in WWE, if they brought him back it would be one strike and he would be fired again.

Shannon Moore - Is better off in TNA where he can make a name for himself in the X Division.

Ric Flair - Another big surprise for the night. Like Hogan, name alone will bring huge coverage for TNA. But there is only so much more he can do in the ring.

Scott Hall - The good old days of Razor Ramon at his best was over in 1998.

Sean Waltman - He has got the be the most hated wrestler I have ever watched on television. X-Pac was not just a heel, the fans HATED him after he turned on Kane. Even when he was a face in the Alliance angle, the fans still booed him.

Eric Bischoff - Does no one remember what happened last time he, Hogan, and Nash ran an organization?

Sean Morley - Val Venis should know the Attitude Era ended 10 years ago.

The Nasty Boys - Good tag team in the early 90s. Lately, Knobbs is best known for being the drunk on Hogan Knows Best.

Orlando Jordan - If JBL couldnt get him over, no one can.

Jeff Jarrett - The Triple H of TNA returned. At least he has Karen Angle in real life.

lol Nice recap Kerwin,very well said about each of them,i knew hardy was gonna be there,and also knew Val and Flair was gonna be there. i hate rumor site but i cant stay away from them lol. but i watched RAW all night lol. awesome show.great ending to keep the "hype" running with bret and vince.

Jeff
    Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

TNA put a great show on, hopefully Hall/XPac go away, thats the only thing i don't want to see, AJ Styles/Kurt Angle was a GREAT match to end the show, however its sad to see Scott Hall, he looked like he did something he shouldn't have done, and the fact he's completely out of shape

Comment

I watched them both, and while Im not a TNA guy, I gotta say, the show was much better than the weak effort Raw put on. I mean, really, did anyone NOT see Vince kicking or humiliating Bret in some way? I liked the opening segment with HBK, but thought the matches during Raw were terrible, and the end thing with Vince blew. This was WWEs chance to destroy TNA by proving that they have the better product- and they failed to do that

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
          I watched them both, and while Im not a TNA guy, I gotta say, the show was much better than the weak effort Raw put on. I mean, really, did anyone NOT see Vince kicking or humiliating Bret in some way? I liked the opening segment with HBK, but thought the matches during Raw were terrible, and the end thing with Vince blew. This was WWEs chance to destroy TNA by proving that they have the better product- and they failed to do that
          I agree with all except the Hart/HBK moment, i wanted to see something happen not them fake hug and shake hands (i still think both are bitter)...

It really felt and seemed like Vince treated it like any other day, not blaming him, but i think TNA very well could've had a higher rating, you could tell TNA knew the importance however i didnt like them keep bringing up the WWE, they should worry about themselfs, people will chose who they want to watch and everyone knows the WWE dropped the ball big time..however Santino is still king lol

Comment

maybe vince wanted to have a "bad" show to prove no matter what WWE will always have better ratings no matter the good or bad of a show it is lol.

lol
            Jeff

Comment

Kurt Angle Vs A.J. Styles was a very good match, as all of theirs usually are. If TNA can drop the stupid gimmick for Samoa Joe and just let him, Christopher Daniels, and Desmond Wolf wrestle, they can have five star matches everytime.

TNA did put on a better show wrestling wise. Raw is full of the same thing, WWE really needs to go back to just one show.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                Kurt Angle Vs A.J. Styles was a very good match, as all of theirs usually are. If TNA can drop the stupid gimmick for Samoa Joe and just let him, Christopher Daniels, and Desmond Wolf wrestle, they can have five star matches everytime.

TNA did put on a better show wrestling wise. Raw is full of the same thing, WWE really needs to go back to just one show.
                I'm gonna assume you mean one "brand"? lol

Comment

Yes I meant have all the wrestlers on one show. As in any show, just like before. Have any wrestlers be able to wrestle on Raw or Smackdown. I hate this 2 brand (technically 3 brand) thing.

Comment

this si from www.wresleview.com

Press Release

TNA SPIKE TV’S “TNA iMPACT” DELIVERS ITS HIGHEST RATINGS EVER FOR HULK HOGAN’S DEBUT IN SPECIAL LIVE EPISODE

2.2 Million Tune-In For Live Three-Hour Telecast

New York, NY, January 5, 2010 – Hulk Hogan’s first appearance on Spike TV’s special three-hour live “TNA iMPACT” on Monday, January 2 (8:00-11:05pm) drew 2.2 million viewers. This marks the most-watched "TNA iMPACT" in the history of the franchise, totaling 222 episodes dating back to October, 2005. The previous high was 1.97 million viewers reached last April

The event was broadcast from the TNA iMPACT! Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl. Airing head-to-head with WWE on USA Network, “TNA iMPACT” peaked at 2.9 million viewers from 9:00-9:15pm ET/PT.

Overall, the telecast drew a 1.5 household rating, a 1.8 in Men 18-34, and a 1.6 in Men 18-49. For the time period, “TNA iMPACT” was up a whopping +338% in M18-34, +241% in M18-49, and +84% in average audience versus a year ago.

i will post the RAW rating when it comes on there

Comment

Feb 1st Raw Host is William Shatner

Comment

While the official rating isn't out yet, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that last night's 1/4 WWE Monday Night Raw averaged around 5.6 million viewers over the two hours. So the final rating is expected to see a sizeable increase from recent weeks.

Comment

i saw a preliminary rating of 3.37 for Raw- which shows TNA cant compete, at least not yet

Comment

Highest TNA got last night was 1.93.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
                              i saw a preliminary rating of 3.37 for Raw- which shows TNA cant compete, at least not yet
                              Well i think we all knew they wouldnt win (i had hoped) although TNA got an alltime high in people watching, so they are on the right track, maybe 2 years from now or less possibly i see them going full time on monday nights

Comment

Working...
                              X