Danica's locked into the Daytona 500 thanks to points deal with TBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica's locked into the Daytona 500 thanks to points deal with TBR

Knew it was only a matter of time before they got something done. No way Go Daddy would let her NOT make the Daytona 500.

Go ahead and pencil Danica Patrick into the Daytona 500 starting lineup. Stewart Haas Racing has finalized an alliance with Tommy Baldwin Racing that guarantees Patrick a starting spot in the Sprint Cup opener and keeps her #10 car on the track for the entire Cup schedule, team owner Tommy Baldwin said on Tuesday. Patrick will be locked into the Feb. 26 race with the owner's points accumulated last season by TBR driver Dave Blaney, who was 33rd. The top 35 in owner's points from last season are guaranteed a starting spot in the first five races, meaning Blaney now will have to qualify his way into the 500 field. Since Patrick is scheduled to compete in only 10 Cup races while participating fulltime in the Nationwide Series, TBR driver David Reutimann will drive the remaining 26 races in the 10 car. The goal is to keep the 10 locked into the top 35 so Patrick will be guaranteed a starting spot for the first five races of 2013 when she runs her first full Cup schedule. TBR will receive technical and pit crew support as a part of the deal. Baldwin said there were no conflicts with NASCAR or Chevrolet in having Patrick use Hendrick Motorsports engines as all the SHR cars do and Reutimann using Earnhardt-Childress Engines as all TBR cars do. Greg Zipadelli will remain the crew chief for Patrick's Cup races. Baldwin said he and Zipadelli will work with Reutimann in the other 26. Reutimann will not drive another TBR car in the non-Patrick races. Baldwin said this is all about getting Patrick "prepared for 2013."

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

This is fantastic news. Way to big of a story to possibly not get in

Comment

Who in their right mind teams up with here for the 2 car draft ...YIKES

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        Who in their right mind teams up with here for the 2 car draft ...YIKES
        Smoke probably will. He ran with her the entire N'wide race last July and they were at the front most of the race.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Diff animal. I can't wait to see it

Comment

Oh I know it's completely different....but I'd just about guarantee you that's who runs with her (until the last 20 laps, then Smoke's gonna do whatever it takes to win his first Daytona 500).

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I hear ya... My personal prediction is she does not make it to halfway and he will be left out of the top 5 However it would be nice for him to finally get one

Comment

Working...
              X