Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Wrestlemania 28 Results - The Rock Wins

Here are the results.

Primo & Epico Beat The Usos & Justin Gabriel/Tyson Kidd To Retain WWE Tag Team Titles.
    It is sad that WWE does not care about their tag teams. Having a title match as a dark match is pretty sad. Honestly they only have 2 real tag teams now - The Colons (Epico/Primo) & The Usos.

Sheamus Beats Daniel Bryan To Win World Heavyweight Title.
    It was obvious that Sheamus was going to win, but to have him beat Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds is pathetic. They couldnt even give them 10 minutes. Last year their match was moved to a dark match, an 18 second match that opens the PPV isnt that much better. I am guessing now Daniel Bryan is going to blame AJ for him losing the title.

Kane Beat Randy Orton.
    I am surprised that Kane beat Randy Orton. At least Orton is not like Cena and actually loses matches to put other wrestlers over. But what was the reason in putting Kane over in this match? I read that Kane chokeslammed Orton from the top of the turnbuckle which is a nice finish.

Big Show Beat Cody Rhodes To Win Intercontinental Title.
    Big Show finally wins a match at Wrestlemania. I think he has lost every single Wrestlemania match in his career. He also has won every single WWE Title with this win. Cody Rhodes will now move to be a main eventer. He will probably either feud with Sheamus or CM Punk depending on if he is drafted to Raw in a few weeks.

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos Beat Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres
    Sad excuse for a match when WWE lets a celebrity pin the Divas Champion for the win.

Undertaker Beat Triple H
    The streak is now 20-0. This match sounded like a great match. The way they had each wrestler kick out of the other's finishers and Shawn Michaels showing concern for both wrestlers. The end of the match was nice with all of them breaking kayfabe and shaking each other's hand and hugging. I have a feeling this was Triple H's last match.

Team Johnny (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, & Drew McIntyre) Beat Team Teddy (Santino Marella, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali & Booker T).
    Laurinaitis is now the General Manager of both Raw and Smackdown. That probably means all the heels will get pushed and the faces will get beaten up every week. LOL! Team Teddy was the saddest excuse for a team I have ever seen assembled. Too bad there was no Miz face turn. Eve helped Team Johnny win by distracting Zack Ryder.

CM Punk Beat Chris Jericho To Retain WWE Title
    Another match that sounded like it was good. Punk winning is no shock. These 2 will probably feud for another month or two unless they draft Jericho to Smackdown in a few weeks.

The Rock Beat John Cena
    OMG!!! John Cena actually lost. WWE made the right choice and had Rock win in his hometown. Seriously if Cena won, the fans would have rioted and something would have happened. LOL! The only way WWE can make this better is to have Cena give a promo tomorrow in the ring, only to have either Lesnar/Batista/or even Lord Tensai take him out from behind. LOL!

Final Thoughts
    No surprise returns from Brock Lesnar, Batista, or Lord Tensai (Albert/A-Train). Everyone thought that Lesnar or Batista would interfere in the Taker/HHH or Cena/Rock match. I am glad they didnt since that would have messed up the match. I thought Lord Tensai would replace someone on Team Johnny, but its better they hold of until after Mania. Odds are Lord Tensai will show up tomorrow on Raw and side with Team Johnny. Same goes for Lesnar, he will probably show up on Raw tomorrow. Torrie Wilson was in the crowd with Alex Rodriguez, Mick Foley showed up in a backstage segment, and Jim Ross returned to call the HHH/Taker match. Ric Flair was also shown on screen when they announced all the Hall of Fame members. I read that WWE never mentioned one thing about Flair working for TNA. So much for TNA asking for certain things for letting Flair show up. LOL! No Alberto Del Rio, no Christian, and no Rey Misterio made the 12 man tag match pretty weak. Instead of inserting Brodus Clay in that match, they had him come out and dance. What a waste! LOL!

Figured the Rock would win and to see some of the olde farts return was nice!
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Rock > Cena

Comment

my son in law and daughter said it wasn't that bad.
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Just finished watching WM. I will first say that I didn't watch all of the matches. I skipped over three. Which were: the Divas match, I just couldn't stand to see Beth Phoenix losing to the celeb. It just makes Beth look weak and the rest of the division that has lost to her in the past months even weaker. Also skipped Team Johnny/Team Teddy, who in the world thought Team Teddy would win, seriously?! The fact that they had hornswoggle was a complete and utter waste, he isn't over anymore and he doesn't add anything to any of the matches. Third one I skipped was Sheamus and Danie....... oh wait never mind I didn't skip it just felt that way because the WWE just booked it like a pathetic joke and made Daniel Bryan look completely weak. I assume they just decided Daniel Bryan's reign was over and that would be his one and only reign so why not make him look like a turd in 18 seconds.

Now onto the matches that I found myself watching and not wondering why.

Kane/Orton:
          A solid match. It served its purpose as middle of the lineup where it was a good match and also didn't outshine any of the "main events". I'm really a fan of both guys and think that Orton some how needs to be a mega heel and booked correctly with doing so. The ending made it feel that this feud would continue which I guess I wouldn't have a problem with, I can only assume that Kane is going to move over to Smackdown once the draft comes around to do so.

Big Show/Cody Rhodes:
          Honestly....it was alright. I wish Cody Rhodes could get over. He just can't, he obviously is way to vanilla and just needs something to set him apart from the rest of the heels, because I think what he does in the ring is really solid, and obviously he can work with a wrestler of any size.

I'm not sure why they played up Big Show "crying" at the end of the match. Yes I get that he just won the title, BUT he has been World Champion/WWE Champion numerous times so why would winning the IC belt some how bring him to his knees like it was the greatest accomplishment ever. I'm not saying the IC belt should be junk, because I love the IC belt I think its completely under utilized but don't make it feel like winning it is the grand all, be all for a guy who has won the main belt many times.

Taker/HHH:
          Right off the back I will say it was the match of the night for sure. I have said numerous times that the build up, the promos, the face-offs to build this match up completely and utterly bored me to death, BUT I will say the match was great. The HBK being torn thing really didn't come out well it just seemed like HBK was going crazy, tbh, but I will say the way the match was done was really good.

Punk/Jericho:
          What I wanted to call the match of the night but I just can't. I mark out for both of these guys, Jericho is my favorite wrestler of all time, this match it just seemed dull and they didn't look really on the same page and timing was off. I don't know whatever it was it just didn't feel like it was a match where the feud was building the way it has been. I mean these guys are suppose to "hate" each other, Punk more so than Jericho but to me it just felt like...ugh...I don't know how to describe it.

I just thought the match would have been better. The second half of the match was way better than the first half I will say that. So maybe I just wasn't feeling the beginning build up I suppose. I mean these guys should have been throwing fists at each other to start out and they were roll around and trying to resemble some form of chain wrestling which I just didn't get for this type of feud.

I will add that I can only assume this will be the first of at least 2 or 3 PPV matches these guys do and I can only believe the next match or two will be above this one.

Cena/Rock
          The match was decent. It wasn't the greatest thing ever and it really didn't have the "once in a lifetime" feel that the announcers were desperately trying to convey. Probably because "once in a lifetime" matches have to have a heel and a face. There were two "faces". I mean once in a lifetime matches are like Rock/Hogan, Hogan/Andre the Giant only happen because the fans want someone to win and someone to lose, they're not confused about who to cheer for therefore there interest isn't waning at any point of the match because well there "indifferent".

Never the less the match was also at least 10 minutes two long. It had a nice pace, things were happening and then they went to the floor and it just seemed like it was filler. Also the STF spot was dumb as can be. The move is a stretching submission and The Rock is passing out to it like a chocking submission? Sure people have played the passing out to pain, but that was when people are bleeding like Stone Cold with Bret Hart back in the 90's. It just didn't make sense at all.

I will say the wrong man won. What does Cena gain from that? If The Rock lost, big whoop he could chalk it up to being out of the ring for years, say Cena was the better man and if the Rock actually stayed it still wouldn't have hurt him, but he most likely is leaving anyways. With Cena losing it means that Cena...to me anyways....isn't as good as someone that wrestles once a year IF we're lucky. The only way Cena should have lost is if he was going on hiatus for a while. You know...he got injured during the match or something and therefore needs time off. To me it was just a dumb move to have the Rock over even if it is his hometown, which it isn't actually, he went there to college and that was it. He was born no where near there and grew up in Pennsylvania. I digress....

Overall WM 28 was decent. Had some highs and some lows. Only thing that really baffles me is the Daniel Bryan match. One of there main titles, on a man who has had it for several months...and he loses it in 18 seconds....I just don't understand.
          my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Working...
          X