UFC 145 Results - Jones Defeats Evans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 145 Results - Jones Defeats Evans

The main event of UFC 145 saw Jon Jones defeat Rashad Evans to retain the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

Main Card
    Jon Jones Defeated Rashad Evans Via Unanimous Decision
    Rory MacDonald Defeated Che Mills Via TKO at 2:20 of Round 2
    Ben Rothwell Defeated Brendan Schaub Via KO at 1:10 of Round 1
    Michael McDonald Defeated Miguel Torres Via KO at 3:18 of Round 1
    Eddie Yagin Defeated Mark Hominick Via Split Decision
    Mark Bocek Defeated John Alessio Via Unanimous Decision

Preliminary Card
    Travis Browne Defeated Chad Griggs Via Submission at 2:29 of Round 1
    Matt Brown Defeated Stephen Thompson Via Unanimous Decision
    Anthony Njokuani Defeated John Makdessi Via Unanimous Decision
    Mac Danzig Defeated Efrain Escudero Via Unanimous Decision
    Chris Clements Defeated Keith Wisniewski Via Split Decision
    Marcus Brimage Defeated Maximo Blanco Via Split Decision

Fight of the Night: Eddie Yagin Vs Mark Hominick
    Knockout of the Night: Ben Rothwell
    Submission of the Night: Travis Browne

Bothwell KO's Schaub at 1:10 of Round 1, sweet
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

this was probably one of the weaker cards the ufc has put on in a while, the only thing that saved this event was the main event had jones and it was a title fight.
      Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

Originally posted by RAYJAYSOLDIER View Post
        this was probably one of the weaker cards the ufc has put on in a while, the only thing that saved this event was the main event had jones and it was a title fight.
        What? This was one of the best cards in a while.

It was a solid card.

Eddie Yagin/Mark Hominick was a sick fight.

Plus the next 'GSP' Rory MacDonald put on a showcase. He's going to be scary.
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I actually thought the main event was rather boring. I hope it isn't going to happen, but I have the feeling that fights with Jones in them are going to turn into fights with Silva now a days. Just boring fights, where the challenger is going to try to stay out of reach just because he is afraid of what Jones can do. And I'm fairly certain there isn't anyone who has a reach even 2 inches within Jones' that is in the LW division.

The lower and mid card fights were decent, my favorite probably being the Yagin/Hominick fight. All of the prelims were snoozers. UFC146 might not have any star power but I have the feeling the fights are going to be a lot more entertaining. And I'm really looking forward to UFC on Fox in a few weeks.
          my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

I did think the Jones Vs Evans fight was kind of boring. The Hominick/Yagin, MacDonald/Mills, and Rothwell/Schaub fights were the best fights of the night.

UFC 146 at the end of May with all Heavyweight bouts hopefully will be a better all around card.

Comment

My favorite fight of the night was by far the MacDonald/Mills match. Rory looked scared crapless heading down to the ring and at the "tap gloves" point he almost seemed as if he was gonna start crying. Then he ripped apart Mills nicely. I was very impressed with the kid!
              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Working...
              X