Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellator Champ Hector Lombard Signs With UFC

Bellator Champ Hector Lombard Jumps to the UFC - Yahoo! Sports

UFC signs another top MMA fighter. Now all they have to do is sign Eddie Alvarez away from Bellator and move Gilbert Melendez/Josh Barnett from Strikeforce to UFC and they will have basically all the top guys in all weight classes.

Bellator Fighting Championships is losing one its champions.

With no “champions clause” in Bellator contracts and his four-year deal coming to a close, Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard is leaving the promotion and heading to the UFC.

“I am in the UFC it is official,” Lombard tweeted on Tuesday afternoon.

Lombard is a big loss for Bellator, and a solid acquisition for the MMA juggernaut.

Lombard is the only middleweight champion that Bellator has ever had, although the promotion has had a difficult time keeping him busy, primarily having him fight in non-title bouts. He’s also fought several times during his Bellator tenure for other promotions on his home turf in Australia.

Lombard brings with him a 31-2-1 record to the Octagon. He hasn’t lost a fight since 2006, having when 20 consecutive bouts.

No word yet on just when we can expect to see Lombard in the Octagon, but he’s sure to be a welcome addition to a division that is swiftly being cleared out by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Did anyone see the Bellator fight last Friday? I won 2 tickets on 2 different radio stations, but couldn't go. One of the stations gave me a glove bag, mouth guard, wrist wrap and shirts, as well. I heard the show was pretty good.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
    X