WWE Raw Expanding To 3 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Raw Expanding To 3 Hours

Do they not remember what happened to WCW Nitro when they did this? This is a dumb move by WWE in my opinion. They should have just ended the roster split, making both Raw and Smackdown important, and release some of their crappier wrestling talent.

WWE.com made an announcement on Thursday that their hit television series, WWE Raw, will expand to three hours beginning on July 23rd. Currently, the company produces a two hour program every Monday night on the USA Network. In the past, World Wrestling Entertainment has developed numerous three hour specials, all which were deemed triumphant. But these specials were spaced evenly throughout the year. This will be the first time the WWE has attempted to produce a three hour TV series consecutively.

3 hour RAWs use to work when the WWE cared about tagteams and the midcard, but they don't care about either of these things, so unless they start caring again, it's just gonna be bad TV for an extra hour.

Comment

2 hours seemed just about right for me I think adding another hour is gonna kill their ratings eventually
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I think its a move in order to officially end the roster split which pretty much has been over in the past year anyways. Its not a terrible move, its more about the quality which they put into the 3 hours than the length of the show anyways.
        my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

They need real tag teams, a real womens division, and bring back the cruiserweights. Unless they care about all their titles, having a 3 hour Raw and then Smackdown is pointless.

Comment

I think the bigger problem is the amount of action that's actually on each show. I've read numerous articles that say each 2 hour Raw only actually contains about 20 minutes of in ring action. Subtract another 30-40 minutes for commercials and that leaves 60 minutes of interviews, video clips, etc.. That's way too much.

They do need more tag teams and cruiserweights. Bring back teams like the Dudley's, NWO, etc. They were moving in the right direction with the Nexus, but scrapped it all. Punk brought Nexus the serious heel heat that they needed.

More cruiser weights are needed. More importantly, keep them healthy and off the juice!

Make up their minds what they're gonna do with Cena. He will never be a 100% fan favorite. But as a heel, he'd get the biggest heat of any superstar. They should have had him embracing the hate when he faced Kane and turning heel.

Comment

So we get MAYBE another 10 minutes of wrestling and 40 minutes of Promos from wrestlers who can't use the mic for crap.
              Isaiah 40:31 : But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

TTM AUTOGRAPH COUNT : 3258
              Check out my TTM Auto SASE breaks now on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                I think the bigger problem is the amount of action that's actually on each show. I've read numerous articles that say each 2 hour Raw only actually contains about 20 minutes of in ring action. Subtract another 30-40 minutes for commercials and that leaves 60 minutes of interviews, video clips, etc.. That's way too much.

They do need more tag teams and cruiserweights. Bring back teams like the Dudley's, NWO, etc. They were moving in the right direction with the Nexus, but scrapped it all. Punk brought Nexus the serious heel heat that they needed.

More cruiser weights are needed. More importantly, keep them healthy and off the juice!

Make up their minds what they're gonna do with Cena. He will never be a 100% fan favorite. But as a heel, he'd get the biggest heat of any superstar. They should have had him embracing the hate when he faced Kane and turning heel.
                with regards to Hogan Jr (Cena) hes in the beginning process of going through an UGLY divorce right now,turning him heel at this moment probably wouldnt be the best thing for business since hes been so miserable backstage,supposedly for months now,from what ive heard,WWE execs have tried keeping him as happy as possible so as to not let his personal issues get to him too deeply

Comment

not a smart move 3 hours please
                  I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                  X