WWE Suspends Chris Jericho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Suspends Chris Jericho

Like the Daniel Bryan incident 2 years ago, I guess WWE got so much backlash that they had to suspend Y2J. Bat timing since he is supposed to have a match with Randy Orton at the next PPV. I guess that is off now.

WWE star Chris Jericho created an international incident on Thursday during a live WWE wrestling event in Brazil, this according to TMZ. During a match with WWE Champion C.M. Punk, Jericho reportedly grabbed the Brazilian flag, crumpled it up, and kicked the flag out of the ring. Jericho's actions were meant to generate "heat," or to get the crowd to jeer him. However, the occurrence not only incited the raucous crowd, but also the police. The police stopped the match and informed Jericho that desecrating the Brazilian flag was a punishable offense and he either had to apologize to the crowd or be taken to jail. Jericho chose to apologize, and the match was allowed to continue. The WWE later released a statement suspending Jericho from the company indefinitely.

Jeritroll?

Comment

I'll bet even money that that was a work,storyline. Jericho was leaving anyways to tour with Fozzy. WWE has to give fans a legitimate reason as to why talent just disappear.

Comment

OK, after reading more, it probably wasn't staged, but the timing wasn't bad. Hope Brazil isn't on his tour schedule!

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
          I'll bet even money that that was a work,storyline. Jericho was leaving anyways to tour with Fozzy. WWE has to give fans a legitimate reason as to why talent just disappear.
          That's what I would have concluded as well!
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I still have my doubts as to the legitimacy of it all. Police officers just don't step into the ring and stop a match to arrest someone. If so, half of the WWE locker room would be trying to make bail right now. WWE has employed plenty of actors and rent-a-cops in the past......

Comment

Working...
            X