WWE Live event tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Live event tonight

I took my son to a live WWE Smackdown event in Augusta tonight. They put on a pretty good show. My son was very excited.

Highlights:
    Shamus put on a great show. He was the main event and stayed after and circled the floor two times connecting with the fans.

Sin Cara and Tyson Kidd connected on most of their moves and were very creative. I haven't seen Sin Cara much, but I was impressed with his moves.

Cody Rhodes. He has great expression for a heel. He really seems to make the other wrestler better (it was Christian tonight).

Jinder Mahal vs. Ezeke Jackson - two guys I haven't seen wrestle much, but there were entertaining. They both still have some to learn, but not bad.

Ryback - I love this guy. The moves are so powerful.

Low lights:
    Great Khali is so boring to watch. He can't move. He really limited what Kane could do.

Hunico and Camacho - they are not very good at making the moves look realistic in the ring and seem to work way too hard to play up the heel role.

AJ vs. Katelyn - pretty dumb match where AJ won when she went spastic and slapped Katelyn a few times to win the match and then put on the psycho routine.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Glad you had a good time. Live wrestling events are really fun. I havent been to one in like 7 years.

Comment

Sounds like you and your son had a goodtime.

Kerwin might not have gone to a live show in 7 years but I haven't gone in well over 20+ yrs,lol

When these guys would wrestle
      Dick the Bruiser
      Bobo Brazil
      Baron von Raschke
      etc

Those were goodtimes with my dad.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

It was the first time I had been to a match in 25 years. I remember watching the Killer B's wrestle at my last live event.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Ryback(Bull Buchanon) theyre trying (and failing in my eyes) to make him look like another Goldberg,along with the idiotic catchphrase,and Sin Cara needs to learn how to enter a ring properly,hes got a rep of tripping on the top rope when he leaps off the springboard they place in front of the ring (off-camera of course)

Comment

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
            Sounds like you and your son had a goodtime.

Kerwin might not have gone to a live show in 7 years but I haven't gone in well over 20+ yrs,lol

When these guys would wrestle
            Dick the Bruiser
            Bobo Brazil
            Baron von Raschke
            etc

Those were goodtimes with my dad.
            I saw those guys as a kid in either Lombard or Villa Park, can't remember which. Dick the Bruiser landed on my aunts lap and stained her shirt with his blood. Lol Maybe it was the Rosemont Horizon?

I saw a WWE live show about 6 or 7 years ago. It was Ric Flairs farewell tour. Triple H was there doing the DX schtick , Kane, Orton, Cena and Edge. Edge was hilarious as a heel. He called us all inbred hillbillies since we were from Missouri. Lol Cena made a speech to end the show, thanking everyone. His voice was really hoarse. He had just finished an 8 city tour in 3 days promoting The Marine. He put on a spectacular performance. Whether you love or hate him, he's the biggest and most giving superstar in WWE history.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
              I saw those guys as a kid in either Lombard or Villa Park, can't remember which. Dick the Bruiser landed on my aunts lap and stained her shirt with his blood. Lol Maybe it was the Rosemont Horizon?

I saw a WWE live show about 6 or 7 years ago. It was Ric Flairs farewell tour. Triple H was there doing the DX schtick , Kane, Orton, Cena and Edge. Edge was hilarious as a heel. He called us all inbred hillbillies since we were from Missouri. Lol Cena made a speech to end the show, thanking everyone. His voice was really hoarse. He had just finished an 8 city tour in 3 days promoting The Marine. He put on a spectacular performance. Whether you love or hate him, he's the biggest and most giving superstar in WWE history.
              thats true about Cena,but his character's so stale now,ive been calling him Hogan Jr since 2005,ive been to WWE events the past couple of years myself,last year,i got under Ron Killings skin when he was talking crap about how people at ringside were dressed,i yelled at him "At least i didnt get that MFing jean jacket from the Oprah Shopping Network!",this year,it was the Miz,and David Otunga i managed to piss off,when Miz was on the top of a steel cage talking about the city and how "bad" it is,i yelled at him "HEY MIZANEN,MTV CALLED!!,THEY WANT THIER REAL WORLD ROYALTY CHECKS BACK",when Otunga started getting catcalls for mocking the Jets,i yelled at him from my seat "HEY DAVID,HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW JENNIFER'S USING A VIBRATOR 2000+ MILES AWAY INSTEAD OF SCREWING YOUR OVERRATED EGOTISTICAL ASS?",which i think is justified because shes the only reason hes got a job in the WWE,that and kissing Lauranitis's ass,both on and off screen
              Last edited by chris_brown; 06-03-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X