Christian Returns To TNA For 1 Night At Slammiversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Returns To TNA For 1 Night At Slammiversary

I guess this is WWE's part of the agreement for TNA since they let Ric Flair attend the WWE HOF while under a TNA Contract. Christian is rumored to be the first inductee into the TNA HOF ahead of Jeff Jarrett and A.J. Styles.

WWE has pulled Intercontinental Champion Christian from this weekend's live events as he is appearing at TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view. Christian is currently not advertised for any WWE tapings until the July 23rd 1000th RAW but is still advertised for live events.

Comment

Great decision TNA. So this is all you do with Christian. LOL! No wonder Vince McMahon didnt sweat about letting one of his champions show up. I think WWE won the tradeoff by getting Ric Flair to appear at the Hall of Fame while under TNA contract. WWE promoted it for weeks. TNA didnt even promote this. Minor leagues of wrestling. LOL!

Hulk Hogan says he has one more surprise and introduces current WWE Intercontinental Champion Christian. Hogan introduces him as Christian Cage. Christian comes out to a big pop from the crowd and heads to the ring.

Christian enters the ring to a "welcome back" chant. "You sold out" chants start up next. Christian says everyone has been asking him all week if it was true that he was appearing at Slammiversary. A "yes" chant breaks out from the crowd. Christian points out that there's no longer a six-sided ring. He says the ring may have changed, the venues might change and some of the faces may have changed but the one thing that hasn't changed is the fans. Christian says the fans have allowed TNA to be in existence for 10 yeas and beyond. TNA tells the fans to stand up and give themselves an applause, even the fans at home. Christian presents the #1 moment in TNA history and shows us video from Slammiversary when Sting returned in 2006. The video abruptly ends and that's it. No more Christian, no live shot from the arena. We go right to a video package for tonight's tag team title match.

Comment

I dont blame him. I doubt any wrestler would willingly want to go to TNA if they were currently employed by WWE. LOL!

WWE sources indicate that Intercontinental Champion Christian did not want to make the appearance at TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view last night. While Christian was friendly and got along with everyone backstage, word is that he did not want to be there and wasn't happy that he got picked to do the TNA appearance.

Comment

Working...
        X