Home Depot Center Changing Name to StubHub Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Center Changing Name to StubHub Center

I woke up this morning to the news about a new deal that AEG signed with StubHub. I've been working security at the Home Depot Center for the past year and i'm sure this will only help more fans come to the venue when it officially changes in June.

From Kevin Baxter at the LA Times
    PHOENIX -- The Home Depot Center is getting a new name.
    The 125-acre multi-sport complex on the campus of Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson will be known as the StubHub Center starting on on June 1, when the naming rights transfer from the chain of home improvement stores to one of the nation biggest ticketing companies.
    The $150-million complex, designed and built by Anschutz Entertainment Group, has a 27,000-seat main stadium, a 2,450-seat velodrome, an 8,000-seat tennis stadium and an outdoor track facility.
    Home to the two-time defending Major League Soccer champion Galaxy as well as MLS foe Chivas USA, the center has hosted world-class track events, boxing competitions and tennis tournaments as well as concerts, numerous television commercials and reality shows, the X Games and the annual CIF football playoffs.
    The complex is also a frequent training center for the U.S. men's and women's soccer teams.
    AEG's agreement with Home Depot expired this year and the home improvement company declined to extend the deal. The accord with StubHub is for multiple years, but the cost of the sponsorship rights were not announced.
    An AEG official said Monday that the first event scheduled at the StubHub Center would be the Galaxy's June 19 match with the Portland Timbers.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Working...
X