Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georges St-Pierre Wins Controversial Decision, Possibly Retiring

Y! SPORTS

LAS VEGAS – One of the most emotional nights in UFC history ended with Georges St-Pierre appearing on the verge of a breakdown, Dana White telling him not to answer a reporter's question and both White and Johny Hendricks feeling the contender was jobbed out of the welterweight title.

St-Pierre retained the belt and scored his UFC-record 19th career victory by capturing a split-decision victory over his hard-hitting challenger in front of a sold-out crowd at the MGM Grand Garden in the main event of UFC 167.

The UFC's 20th anniversary show won't soon be forgotten.

St-Pierre entered the post-fight news conference after a brief trip to a local hospital for stitches. He was clearly in physical pain, but more than that, he appeared to be in emotional pain as well due to something in his personal life he did not want to talk about.

"I understand from the point of view of the UFC, it's bad for them if I leave like this," St-Pierre said. "I need to ... I can't sleep at night now. I'm going crazy. I have some issues. I need to relax. I need to get out for a while. I don't know what I'm going to do.

"I feel like I left everything out now, but I have to keep some of my stuff, some of my life personal. I need to get out for a little bit. That's it, you know? I gave everything I had tonight. Like it, love it, that was me at my best. I gave everything. It's all I can say."

Later, he appeared to be tearing up and said, "I left my soul in the Octagon."
Working...
X