WWE Wrestlemania 26 Results - 3/28/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Wrestlemania 26 Results - 3/28/10

I'm over at my buddies house, and his little brother dropped whatever the amount was for Wrestlemania....so for those wondering, here's how it's broke-down so far...

First up was the Tag-Team titles, pretty quick match, Big Show took over at the end, and him and Miz kept the titles over R-Truth and Morrison.

Next up was the three-way between Randy Orton/Ted DiBiase/Cody Rhodes. Solid match, Orton hit a double DDT on both of them at the same time, then hit the RKO on DiBiase for the win.

Next was the MITB match, which was phenominal. Kofi had a crazy move up/off a ladder on Kane. All 10 of them had at least a finger on the briefcase at one point or another, but in the end Jack Swagger took MITB.

Up next was HHH vs. Sheamus....not a real exciting match, Sheamus got the boot on HHH, but HHH kicked out, took over, then hit the Pedrigree for the win.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk was next on the list...decent match. Mysterio hit the 619 after attempting it at least twice prior for the win.

Then we had Bret Hart vs. Mr McMahon. Vince came out talking about how he was gonna screw Bret again, and made it a lumberjack match with the Hart family as the lumberjacks. Made it seem as if Vince payed off the family to take out Bret, didn't work, they were on Bret's side, and he just beat the living **** out of Vince. Hit him with the chair about 15 times in a row before pinning him.

Most recent was Edge vs. Chris Jericho. Match of the night so far....great match that both guys gave their heart and soul for. Jericho hit the code breaker a couple times, had the walls of Jericho on him a couple times, but couldn't pin Edge. Finally, while the ref was knocked down, Jericho hit Edge with the championship belt and got the pinfall after what was about a 20-minute match. Edge was obviously mad at the outcome, and when Jericho tried to mess up Edge's Achilles after the match, Edge kicked him into the announcers table, got Jericho up on the table, and hit Jericho with a ridiculous spear. Edge was significantly limping as Jericho worked on that Achilies all match long.

That's where were at so far, I'll post after the next match.
    Last edited by jsab4807; 03-28-2010, 08:47 PM.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Up now is the 10-way Diva match.

Basically it was a show of each of the women's finishing move, and after that, Vicki Guerrero got up onto the top rope, tried not to kill herself, and attempted to frogsplash(? I guess?) on Kelly Kelly. She kind of succeeded, and proceeded to pancake Kelly Kelly a few times after pinning her. Your typical poorly executed women's match, lol.

Next up is Cena/Batista.

Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

WWE Title match between John Cena and Batista started off with Batista working on Cena's neck for the first few minutes....pretty one sided at the start. Cena went for the Attitude Adjustment and Batista countered with a ridiculous DDT as Batista continued to work on Cena's neck. Seemed like most of the crowd was pulling for Batista to win after Cena kicked out after a two count from a neckbreaker. Cena has momentum, does his you can't see me stuff, Batista catches him off-guard with a hit to the face, then Cena instantly reverses and hits the STF. Batista got the rope, got back up, hit a spear on Cena. Cena kicked out, and they both go back and forth for a while. Cena then goes to the top rope and hits the five knuckle shuffle. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment, Batista counters with a Batista bomb, and Cena miraculously (lol) kicks out after a 2 count. Cena hit the Attitude adjustment after Batista tried another Batista bomb, but Batista kicks out after another close 2-count. Cena goes to the top rope, Batista catches him and slams him the same way he broke his neck at Summerslam, Batista goes for the Batista-bomb, but Cena counters with the STF. And Batista taps out. Cena is your new WWE Champion.

Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

from what im reading, im glad i saved my 65 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
          from what im reading, im glad i saved my 65 bucks
          Holy crap....is that really what this costs? That's nuts.

Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Up now is the main main event....HBK vs. Undertaker. Typical HBK start with his slaps, but Undertaker has a ton of energy to start off, and he's flying around the ring beating up HBK. Undertaker went off the middle rope for a choke slam, and came down on his ankle badly. HBK now working on his leg. Undertaker is noticeably limping around. HBK has Undertaker in a figure four for a good minute, then Undertaker finally breaks the move. Both going back and forth with punches/slaps. Undertaker hits the chokeslam, HBK kicks out. Undertaker goes for the tombstone, HBK reverses with an ankle lock and continues to work on Undertakers ankle that he hurt early in the match. They go back and forth, then Undertaker catches HBK off the rope going for a take down outside the ring. Undertaker catches him and hits the tombstone. Undertaker gets him back in the ring, HBK barely kicks out before a pinfall. Undertaker appears to hit the last ride but his ankle buckled and it looks as if HBK countered. HBK on to the top rope, went for the flying elbow, Undertaker counters with a knee to HBK's ribs. Undertaker locks in hells gate, and HBK counters. The announcer flips out saying no one has ever countered hells gate before (great match, by the way). HBK out of nowhere hits sweet chin music, Undertaker kicks out barely. HBK goes for another sweet chin music, Undertaker counters with a last ride. HBK barely kicks out. Undertaker goes for the tombstone, HBK counters with sweet chin music. Undertaker is laying on top of the announcers table after SWC, HBK goes to the top rope and hits an amazing backflip that sends Undertaker through the announcers table. HBK is in complete control while the announcers think Undertaker's leg could be broken. HBK finally gets him back into the ring. HBK hits sweet chin music again! Everyone thinks it's over (announcers are literally screaming their lungs out), but Undertaker kicks out. A "This is awesome!" chant begins, lol. HBK back up, getting ready to hit sweet chin music AGAIN....Undertaker counters with a chokeslam but can barely stand on his leg at this point. Undertaker hits a tombstone, and somehow HBK kicks out. Undertaker can't believe it. Both lay in the ring for a few minutes. Undertaker gets back up, and stands over HBK. HBK crawls back up hanging onto Undertaker while he just looks on. Undertaker hits another tombstone and it's finally over. The streak continues, HBK's career is over (for now).

Both are laying in the ring almost passed out after that match.

AMAZING MATCH.

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Undertaker pulls HBK off the mat, hugs him, and leaves the ring. HBK thanks the crowd as he gets a standing ovation in his final sendoff.
              Last edited by jsab4807; 03-28-2010, 10:15 PM.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

The Tag Match was short and kind of a dissapointment. They should have just thrown Miz, Morrison, and R-Truth in the MITB Ladder Match instead.

Orton Vs Dibiase was at first built up to be one of the more interested matches, but it faded quickly. The match was decent. Very nice double DDT.

The MITB was good. Lots of good spots done. I am surprised that Jack Swagger won, but at least it wasnt Drew McIntyre. I really wish Christian won though.

HHH Vs Sheamus sucked. But at least HHH took a lesser role on the most important PPV of the year. You have to give him credit for that, I am glad he won as Sheamus doesnt deserve to win.

Rey Vs Punk was short but had some cool spots. If given a few more minutes, it could have been better.

We all knew Bret couldnt wrestle an actual match, but just seeing him back in the ring was good enough. I like how David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, and Natalya was given screen time. The Hart Attack off the top rope by Kidd was awesome. I hope they get a push in the Tag Team Division.

Edge Vs Jericho was a very very good match. The spear into the codebreaker was nicely done. I am surprised that Jericho actually retained the belt. The spear at the end of the match nicely done to continue this feud. I was somewhat expecting Swagger to come out and cheaply pin Jericho.

The women's match was horrible and a waste of time. I always hated matches that last 3 minutes and only focuses on everyone taking the other out with a finishing move.

Cena Vs Batista was decent. Lots of back and forth pin attempts and finishing moves. I hate Cena's stupid 5 knuckle shuffle move. Its probably the stupidest move in wrestling with the exception of the WORM.

I am glad that Taker Vs HBK was the last match on the card. Their match last year was better in my opinion, but this was still a very good match. Lots of back and forth action. Shawn's moonsault onto the table was the highlight of the night. It is fitting that Shawn's last match is at Wrestlemania, which he went out on top with a great match. I dont think he will come back as a wrestler, but maybe as a commisioner or general manager.

Comment

What? I missed HBK's last match?
                  Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                  Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                  Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                  Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

it was worth the $65 that my friends payed lol...i really enjoyed it. i will up date this when i go and look with all the backstage news
                    Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Its $65 in HD and $55 regular I believe. Dan sure wont be happy that his favorite wrestler has to "retire" for now.

Comment

I'm heartbroke lol

not only i miss what may be his last match, but he lost in general, what was the point of him losing again???

Comment

If he really is retiring, he wanted to go out on top. The storyline was just a way to have him have his final match against one of the best wrestlers of all time at the most important event of the year so the match meant something.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            I'm heartbroke lol

not only i miss what may be his last match, but he lost in general, what was the point of him losing again???

In order for Undertaker to be 18-0 at Wrestlemania
                            Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                            Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                            Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                            Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

for some reason my computer isnt working right,right now lol. www.wwe.com has a video of shawn walking back in the backstage area,only 1min 40 sec long tho...but it watching it close,will seem like an hour and 40min. i mean if you take it to heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X