UFC 113 Results - Shogun Wins Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 113 Results - Shogun Wins Title

Kimbo Slice lost his fight putting his future in question. I think the UFC will give him at least 1-2 more fights. Josh Koscheck beat Paul Daley to get a Welterweight Title Shot against Georges St. Pierre and coach against him in the next season of The Ultimate Fighter. Paul Daley got released after the pay per view for his post match sucker punch against Koscheck. Mauricio Rua beat Lyoto Machida for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.

Main Card
    Mauricio Rua Defeated Lyoto Machida Via KO at 3:35 of Round 1
    Josh Koscheck Defeated Paul Daley Via Unanimous Decision
    Jeremy Stephens Defeated Sam Stout Via Split Decision
    Matt Mitrione Defeated Kimbo Slice Via TKO at 4:24 of Round 2
    Alan Belcher Defeated Patrick Cote Via Submission at 3:25 of Round 2

Preliminary Card
    Joe Doerksen Defeated Tom Lawlor Via Submission at 2:10 of Round 2
    Marcus Davis Defeated Jonathan Goulet Via TKO at 1:23 of Round 2
    Johny Hendricks Defeated TJ Grant Via Majority Decision
    Joey Beltran Defeated Tim Hague Via Unanimous Decision
    Mike Guymon Defeated Yoshiyuki Yoshida Via Unanimous Decision
    John Salter Defeated Jason MacDonald Via TKO at 2:42 of Round 1

Matt Mitrione Defeated Kimbo Slice Via TKO at 4:24 of Round 2=WEAK
    Josh Koscheck Defeated Paul Daley Via Unanimous Decision=WOW
    Mauricio Rua Defeated Lyoto Machida Via KO at 3:35 of Round 1=Won $$$
    Alan Belcher Defeated Patrick Cote Via Submission at 3:25 of Round 2=Fav Fight!!!
    Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

www.yahoo.com

Paul Daley had a bright future in the UFC. With two straight knockout wins, his name was in discussion for a title shot, but after he lost a decision to Josh Koscheck, Daley ended his UFC career with one, quick punch.

The sucker punch Daley threw after Koscheck bout was the last punch he threw in the UFC, as UFC president Dana White announced that Daley was cut from the promotion for his antics.

"He's done. I don't give a [expletive] if he's the best 170-pounder in the world, he'll never come back here again," White said in the postfight press conference.

"He'll never come back. I'm probably the most lenient guy in sports and this is proboably one of the most lenient organziations. You know we're all human, we all make mistakes, things happen. There's no excuse for that. These guys are professional athletes. You don't ever hit a guy blatantly after the bell like that whether you're frustrated or not."

White said that it was the sucker punch that put the nail in the coffin for Daley, and that he didn't buy Daley's excuse.

"When I went in there and talked to him after the fight he said 'I didn't hear the bell.' That's what he said to me. That won't be tolerated."

White said that he had been impressed with Daley, a British fighter, before the cheap shot happened.

"It was probably one of the dumbest things I've seen because he is a talented guy and he is one of the best 170-pounders in the world. I was actually impressed with his takedown defense. There isn't wrestling in England. He's obviously been working on his wrestling game. He's beat all the top guys at 170 pounds, comes in face to Koscheck who's a good fighter and hung in there."

This incident comes just weeks after a brawl broke out after Jake Shields beat Dan Henderson in Strikeforce. UFC fighter Nathan Diaz was involved in the melee, but no disciplinary action was taken against him.

Koscheck and Daley started trash-talking months before their bout, and their words became quite contentious. But this isn't the first time fighters have flapped their gums at each other before a fight. Even if they still dislike each other after a fight, they usually shake hands and move on. What Daley did has no place not only in MMA, but in professional sports

UFC president Dana White laid down the challenge to Internet phenom Kimbo Slice and the street fighter accepted it. Kimbo made it through his stint on Season 10 of "The Ultimate Fighter" and got two more fights with the promotion.

Slice went 1-1 in the UFC after the reality show including a bad loss tonight at UFC 113 against Matt Mitrione. The fight was so one-sided that the UFC president decided to give Kimbo his pink slip.

"That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC," said White. "Listen Kimbo made it farther than I thought he would."

When Slice was the centerpiece of CBS' EliteXC promotion, his status drove White nuts. He slammed and badmouthed Kimbo saying the only way he'd make it to the UFC was to take part in the UFC's prospect show on Spike. That was a bitter pill to swallow for a guy who had earned between $250,000-500,000 in each of three EliteXC fights.

"I didn't know Kimbo, I just knew what I saw," White said of his previous pro MMA fights and his work on YouTube. "The first time I ever met him I said 'this is going to be an interesting meeting with the [expletive] I've said about him over the years.'"

Slice and his handlers were not combative. They just wanted the fighter to get a chance at legitimacy.

"He came in. He couldn't be a nicer guy. He took things serious, trained and went after it," said White. "His first fight wasn't the YouTube fights you saw. He won that fight [against Houston Alexander on the TUF 10 Finale]. He deserved another fight in the UFC and he lost. Got nothing but respect for Kimbo and I like him as a person. And I think he's carried himself really well."

When asked about the "probably" in his original Kimbo quote, White then said definitively that Slice was gone.

There may be a "Lyoto Machida Era" but it's not right now. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua showed the declarations that Machida was stop some sort of unstoppable force were ridiculous. Rua, who many thought won the first matchup between the fighters back at UFC 104 in October, went right after the feared counter-striker from the get-go.

Machida is a master of controlling distance and timing, Rua simply wouldn't allow him to get comfortable. Rua smothered him with punches and when Machida tried to get aggressive, he got drilled with a right hand that bounced off the side of his head. Machida went down, Rua jumped on top and got off nine shots before "The Dragon" was nearly out cold. Referee Yves Lavigne gave Rua the victory at 3:35 of the first round. He wins the UFC light heavyweight title at UFC 113 in Montreal.

This was one of the rare cases where a fighter learned his lesson a discouraging result in the initial meeting and made the necessary changes to make sure the judges couldn't cost him via decision this time around. At UFC 104, many thought, including UFC president Dana White, that Rua took a five-round decision. White was livid after the fight immediately granting Rua a rematch.

At UFC 104, all three judges gave the fight to Machida in spite of the fact that he looked worse for wear at the close. One judge, Cecil Peoples, threw gasoline on the controversial fire, by saying leg kicks don't win you fights. That's a ridiculous notion and something no judge should think or say publicly.

It was clear from the start of this one that Machida was guarding against those nasty leg kicks. A southpaw, Machida tried a conventional stance a few times and seemed stunned when Rua starting letting his hands go as he charged him.

If you told people four years ago that Rua would be a UFC champ in its most glamorous division not too many experts would've been shocked. When the UFC bought Japan's PRIDE in 2007, Rua was considered the top prize acquired. Just 26 years old at the time, Rua was ranked by many as the top 205er in the world. Then came the knee injuries and a lack of focus.

When Rua finally made it to Octagon at UFC 76 he lost badly to Forrest Griffin and followed that up with a sloppy victory over 43-year-old Mark Coleman. Even a knockout win over Chuck Liddell last year in Montreal at UFC 97, did little to convince people he had a shot at UFC 104. Going into this fight he was still a minus-185 underdog.

Comment

Fans dont like Koscheck at all, his antics after the fight made them hate him even more. A similar thing happened a few years ago with Renato Sobral, where he won his fight via submission and refused to let go because of things said before and during the fight. Sobral got released and probably will never fight again in the UFC.

If Kimbo goes elsewhere to fight, Im thinking Strikeforce, and wins a few fights impressively, Im sure Dana will bring him back for a fight or two. Im surprised he cut him after 1 loss since he promoted him so much during the Ultimate Fighter last season.

Shogun Rua won the first fight between the two, but the judge's decision was controversial. At least he is now the champion.

Comment

Matt Mitrione beat Kimbo W00t W00t
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
          X