• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ITG Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits Series One

2011 ITG Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits Series One

Release Date: February 24th, 2011
    Configuration: 1 Pack Per Box, 5 Cards Per Pack
    Retail Price: Average $80 to $85

This is a very unique baseball product in that there are no base cards, only "Hits". That means that each box will only contain autograph and/or game-used memorabilia cards! The checklists have a great mix of heroes and prospects with a lot of 1/1's mixed in (on average a 1/1 in each 12 box case).

Content Highlights
    • Each box will contain five "Hits" (no base cards in this product)
    • Each Master Case will contain four 12-box inner cases
    • On average, one 1 of 1 in each 12-box case
    • On average, six Heroes inserts in each 12-box case

Each box of 2011 In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will now contain FIVE cards - all Hits! Authentic Autographs or Authentic Game-Used Memorabilia.

On average, there will be 4.5 Prospect Autographs per box and every other box will contain one Heroes Cut Signature or Heroes Game-Used Memorabilia card featuring some of the greatest players to step out onto the diamond.

The premier edition of In The Game Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits will be extremely limited. Confirmed prospects for this landmark release include Mike Trout and Tim Beckham, who are two of the hottest players in the hobby today.

As for the Heroes component of this product, look for Heroes Cut Signatures or limited Heroes Game-Used Memorabilia cards. The company has put together a great group of living and deceased legends for this release and the Cuts will include such names as Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, and Hank Aaron.

Box 1 Results

The first autograph we pulled is of San Diego Padre Minor League Outfielder Rymer Liriano. This is a Full Body Autograph Silver Version, only 390 cards were made.

The second autograph pulled is of New York Yankee Minor League Catcher J.R. Murphy. This is a Close Up Autograph Silver Version, only 190 were made.

The next autograph is of Minnesota Twin Minor League Outfielder Max Kepler. This is from the Country of Origin Autograph Set which depicts the country that each prospect was born in. Only 40 cards were made for the Silver Versions.

Next is an autograph of Boston Red Sox Minor League Shortstop Sean Coyle. This is from the Lumbergraphs Autograph Set and has a baseball bat set in the background surrounding the autograph. Only 100 cards were made of each player.

The last autograph in this box is of Texas Ranger Minor League Outfielder Jake Skole. This beautiful card is from the Between The Seams Autograph Set. The autograph is placed directly on the seam of the baseball. There are 19 cards made for the Gold Versions.

Box 2 Results

The first autograph from the second box is of New York Yankee Minor League Pitcher Adam Warren. This is a Full Body Autograph Silver Version, only 390 cards were made.

The second autograph pulled is of Toronto Blue Jay Major League Pitcher Kyle Drabek. Drabek is one of the top pitching prospects in all of baseball. This is also a Full Body Autograph Silver Version, only 390 were made.

The next autograph is of Texas Ranger Minor League Pitcher Martin Perez. This is from the Country of Origin Autograph Set which depicts the country that each prospect was born in. Only 40 cards were made for the Silver Versions.

Next is another autograph of New York Yankee Minor League Pitcher Adam Warren. This is from the Hard Cuts Autograph Set which has the autograph cut from a check. Only 24 cards were made for the Silver Versions.

The last autograph in this box is of New York Yankee Great and Current Los Angeles Dodger Manager Don Mattingly. This autograph is from the Hero Autographs Set. Only 80 cards were made of each player.

Final Thoughts

In The Game has released their inaugural Heroes and Prospects Baseball Hits product and it is a Grand Slam. The five hit cards come packed in a penny sleeve and top loader already inside each box. There are no base cards in this product, so you know you will pull 5 autograph or game used cards in each box. This product features a great selection of baseball heroes and prospects such as Kyle Drabek, Mike Trout, Tim Beckham, Ted Williams, Yogi Berra, Nolan Ryan, Pete Rose, Carl Yastrzemski, Ryne Sandberg, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and more. I really like the look and design of the Between The Seams Autograph Set. Most of the autographs are sticker autographs, but looking at the Full Body Autograph Set and the Close Up Autograph Set, you barely notice because of the white background used. This product is ideal for autograph and game used collectors since you are guaranteed 5 hits per box. Heroes & Prospects Baseball Hits Series One is off to a great start, I cant wait to see the next baseball release from In The Game. I would like to thank In The Game for giving our site two boxes of this new product to review.

Product Rating

Value = 5
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A+ for In The Game!

NPN

There is no NPN for this product.

I would like to thank In The Game and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product. Be on the lookout for future contests with cards from this break.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Holy moly what an outstanding product this is! Definitely a winner! Love the look of these cards!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

that product is LOADED!!!

Comment

Some sick hits, the Skole and Mattingly are awesome

Comment

Very nice cards. Sweet review!

Love the Coyle card...obviously! I wonder where he is playing. Does it say on the card what affiliate he plays for? Or played for?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

the cards are outstanding! a quality product! that Skole is sick!
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Woody - it doesnt say on the card, but Sean Coyle plays for the Lowell Spinners of Class A.

Comment

very nice, wonder if ITG could get in any trouble with the seams design since it could resmeble UD Sweet SPot
                Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

wow, great product. will definately have to get a box or 2 of them
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                  I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Very quality product from ITG, i'd hope they'd get the pro license in Baseball and Hockey.

I like Lumbergraphs auto!
                    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Nice product....love the Lumbergraphs and the Check/Auto!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I wish this was a hockey product, because it is exactly up my alley with the no base cards, or inserts, and parallel cards that I have boxes of just sitting here. This set is phenomenal. The Don Mattingly heroes auto is a great hit to pull from your boxes.

I really love the Jake Skole "Between the Seams" card, the Adam Warren "Hard Cuts", and the Sean Coyle "Lumbergraphs" is the nicest one of the bunch. My favorite card from the break though is definitely the Kyle Drabek auto, as he is from my hometown team the Toronto Blue Jays. Very nice product. Thanks very much Kerwin for the great review, and again thank you to ITG for allowing us to open, and review their fine products.

Comment

The cut check card is a beauty! Love the hits!
                          Arizona Cardinals Autos
                          Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
                          Wrestling Autos
                          Wrestling Relics

Comment

very nice product
                            Trade me you UNC stuff http://s1038.photobucket.com/home/NC_Phlash/allalbums

Comment

Awesome review, I love the fact their are only hits in the boxes. The designs are sharp and the fact they have autos from players like Don Mattingly are great.
                              HOFFMOEN
                              Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                              http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                              Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Working...
                              X