Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball

2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball
    2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball picks up where 2011 Bowman Baseball left off, with 110 TOPPS EXCLUSIVE Minor League Prospects along with 20 USA Baseball 18U National Team talents AND Prospect Bryce Harper! Get a First Look at the Future Rookies of Major League Baseball with 2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball!
    Configuration: 18 packs per box. 4 cards per pack.

Product Highlights
    - Bryce Harper ON-CARD Autograph Cards!
    - 1 Bowman Chrome Prospect ON-CARD Autograph Card per Box!
    - USA Baseball 18U National Team Autograph Cards!
    - 110 Never-Before-Seen Bowman Chrome Prospect Cards - 2 Per Pack!
    - New & Hobby Exclusive USA Baseball 18U National Team Set Redemption Cards!
    - Hobby Exclusive 1/1 Printing Plates!
    - Hobby Exclusive Super-Fractor Parallels!
    - All New Inserts With Select Hobby Exclusive Parallels!

Our 2011 Bowman Chrome Break

Base Cards

The base cards have stuck with the same feel for years with a black border. This is a favorite solid design amongst all collectors.

Prospects

The prospect cards as always are similar to the base cards except with white border used instead. These cards are jazzed up as the picture has a nice accent color around the edges. There is also a facsimile signature on the cards.

Parallels

The parallels shown here are the same basic design as the base card, but there are refractor and gold border variations. These are great for player and team collectors. We pulled 5 regular refractors: Nick Markakis, Tim Hudson, David DeJesus, Clay Buchholz, and Jon Lester. The Gold Refractor we pulled was an Alexei Ramirez numbered out of 50.

Bowman's Best Prospects

These cards bring back some fond memories of some of the older Bowman baseball products, with the colorful background and a posed picture of the prospect in the foreground. We pulled 2: Bryce Harper and Devin Mesoraco.

Futures

The futures cards have a nice snazzy looking die cut edge design to them. We pulled 3 regular inserts: Jonathan Singleton, Gary Sanchez, and Matt Dominguez. We also pulled a Jacob Turner X-Fractor variation.

Throwbacks

The throwbacks cards are where they have brought back old Bowman designs and used them for a nice insert set of some of today's young stars. We pulled 2: Grant Green and Jacob Turner.

The Hit

The Autograph we pulled was of Enny Romero numbered out of 500. Not someone I have actually heard of, but an Autograph none the less. This would probably fit in nicely with a Rays team collection! The autograph is a nice blue signature that is signed directly on the card.

Final Thoughts

Bowman Chrome is always a prospectors dream product. This year does not disappoint. With Bryce Harper cards in this product, this is what people will be searching through for that next high end prospect card. The cards in this set are nicely done and the designs are solid. The one drawback for the price is that there is only one guaranteed hit per box. But overall, this break was fun and very worth while. Way to go Topps!

Product Rating
    • Value = 4
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product an A- for Topps!

NPN Information

Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address on a 3 x 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN 2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball
    P.O. Box 2098
    Duryea, PA 18642

Only one card per envelope, mailed separately, postmarked by January 18, 2012 and recieved by January 25, 2012. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for 2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball. Failure to comply will result in all entries disqualified. Drawings on or about February 1, 2012. Potential Canadian winners will be required to first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 x 5 the answer to the following skill-test question:

12 x 3 + 14 - 2 = ?

I would like to thank Topps for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Nice review Woody. Those Die Cut cards look very cool. I always loved cards like that. I miss Bowman and Bowman Chrome Basketball cards.

Comment

Topps did an awesome job with Chrome this year! Love al the inserts!

Comment

Great review...

I love the throwback cards!
        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Love the throwback idea...and the die-cuts look sweet.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Diecuts are awesome I hink this years bowman chrome is a step up from last years!
            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

great job with the bowman chrome great cards great REVIEWS
              http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
              Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Great review of a great product, Bowman Chrome is always a favorite.

Comment

nice review schwood

Comment

Great review, hopefully I will open a case of this at christmas!

Comment

great review. Product is always solid. Hope majority of the signatures(smudgy looking) on the rest are not like your hit but decent none the less

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Nice review. I like the "red" on the bottom of the "parallel" card, a little change in Bowman Chrome.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                        Orioles Autos I need
                        Baseball HOFers GU I need
                        Orioles GU I need
                        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nice break. Chrome is always one of my favorites.

Comment

nice set,only thing i wish i couldve seen was what u paid for the box itself

Comment

I really like the look of these cards and all the great prospects!

Comment

Working...
                              X