• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Platinum Football

2010 Topps Platinum Football

Configuration:

24 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.

Each pack contains 3 Topps Platinum Veteran Base cards Plus 2 Chrome Rookie Cards!

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
    THREE AUTOGRAPHS per HOBBY BOX
    - 2 Autograph Refractor Rookie Cards Per Box
    - 1 Autograph Refractor Patch Card Per Box
    - Every Autograph Card Is A Refractor
    - Every Autograph Refractor Card Is Seq #'d
    - New! Red Zone Rookie On-Card Autographs
    - New! Rookie Autograph Dual, Triple, And Jumbo Patch Cards
    - New! Two (2) Chrome Rookie Cards Per Pack

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR ROOKIE CARDS (50) - 2 Per Box!
    Autograph Rookie Cards - Variations of 50 base Rookie Cards that are Chrome, Refractor, & #'d
    All Autographed Rookie Cards are parallels:
    - Superfractor (50) - 1/1 Hobby Only!
    - Printing Plates - (50 subjects/200 cards) - 1/1 Hobby Only!
    - Red Refractor (50) - #'d to 10
    - Black Refractor (50) - #'d to 99
    - Refractor (50) - #'d
    - NEW! Dual Autograph Rookie Cards (20/10) - 2 Rookies & 2 Autos grace these #'d to 25 Refractor cards
    - NEW! Triple Autograph Rookie Cards (10/5) - Triple-Signed #'d to 10 Refractor cards - Hobby Only!

AUTOGRAPH REFRACTOR PATCH CARDS (50) - 1 Per Box!
    Autographed Patch Cards - #'d Refractor Auto Cards w/player-worn & game patches from 50 NFL Rookies & Vets
    All Autograph Patch Cards are parallels:
    - Superfractor (50) - 1/1. Hobby Only!
    - Red Refractor (50) - #'d to 10
    - Black Refractor (50) - #'d to 99
    - Refractor (50) - #'d
    - NEW! Autograph JUMBO Patch Cards (30) - Jumbo Patches from Rookies, Vets & Retired Stars w/an auto; #'d to 10 - Hobby Only!
    - NEW! Dual Autograph Patch Cards (20/10) - Pairs of Rookies & Vets w/2 Autos & 2 Patches w/Refractor technology #d to 25

BASE CARDS (165) - 5 Per Hobby Pack!
    Veterans (110) - NFL's top 110 veteran stars on stunning silver foil board.
    Rookies (55) - 55 of the top 2010 Rookies on Chrome technology
    All 55 Rookies are parallels:
    - Superfractor (55) - 1/1 Hobby Only!
    - Printing Plates (55) - 220 cards 1/1 Hobby Only!
    - Red Refractor (55) - #'d to 25
    - Blue Refractor (55) - #'d to 99
    - White Refractor (55) - #'d to 499
    - Refractor (55) - #'d to 999

INSERT CARDS (55) - 6 Per Box!
    Rookie Variation Cards (55) - 55 Rookies on rainbow foil board w/a holographic foil RC logo
    - Black Parallel (55) - #'d to 25

NEW! ROOKIE RED ZONE CARDS (35)
    Red Zone Rookie Autograph Cards - 35 Top Rookies from the 2010 NFL Draft sign these cards directly! Red Zone Autograph Cards will be inserted throughout all 2010 Topps Football products as a Hobby Exclusive value-added program!

The Box Break:

We hit rookies cards in every pack. We had very few doubles of rookies which is a huge positive. Our rookie pulls were highlighted by top rookies Tim Tebow, Sam Bradford and Dez Bryant.

We pulled a pair of the thick rookie variation cards.

We pulled one blue parallel of Dallas Cowboys stud rooke Dez Bryant. This, in my opinion, is a great looking card.

We pulled one refractor card of rookie QB Dan LeFevor.

We pulled one autographed refractor rookie card of Tony Pike. The card is numbered to 1225.

We pulled a black refractor autographed rookie card of Armanti Edwards. The card is numbered to 99.

For our autographed patch hit, we pulled none other than Tim Tebow. This is a black refractor and is numbered to 99.

Final thoughts:

There is a lot to like about 2010 Topps Platinum Football. The first thing that comes to mind is affordability. I have seen these boxes selling from 80-90 dollars per box. At three autos per box, that is huge value. I continually harp on affordability versus box potential and Platinum definitely delivers. I love that the rookie cards exactly match the base set. Sure the RC logo is on the rookie cards but is there any real need to make totally different rookie cards? It is a set, and it is treated as such. The chrome make up of this set is sure to keep the fans of Topps Finest and Topps Chrome very happy. Honestly, Platinum seems to be a perfect hybrid between two of Topps more distinguished brands. I was fortunate enough to receive this box from Topps, but I had bought several before it arrived at my doorstep. There is nothing negative to say about Topps Platinum. It is great fun ripping the box, all the top rookies are there and the cards are simply some of the best produced. I hope Topps Platinum is a brand carried on every year much like Chrome and Finest.

Product Rating:

Value = 5
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A+ for Topps Platinum. I wish there was a higher grade.

NPN:

There was no NPN information on the box.

I would like to thank Topps for giving me the chance to review this new product. Topps is the leader in the card industry of sponsoring blogs and card trading sites. Be on the lookout for contests involving cards from this break.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by schwood; 09-29-2010, 01:58 PM.

Sick Pull on the Tebow...and LeFevour

Comment

On the topic of these cards, they are really sweet! I love the fact that there are a lot of Patriots Rookies in there, as that is all I collect. This is really going to help out my Pats collection. Can't wait till all the Pats become busts and I can pick these up for a couple of bucks a piece, because this really is a sweet product!
      Last edited by FrankMcdee; 09-29-2010, 02:11 PM.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Nice looking product and a great review!! Too bad the Tebow patch is a single white swatch and not 2 color. Still a sweet card though!
        ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
        http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

Sick Break and this looks like an amazing product
          Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
          sigpic

Comment

Amazing break bro!!!!!!! Great review too
            TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
            A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Great review Frank. I really like the rookie card designs on foil.

Comment

Great review Frank and sweet looking cards.

Did you look on the wrapper for an NPN?

Roy
                Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

hmmm didnt check the wrapper.. I will have to see if I can toss them

Comment

Sweet box break. Are the cards up for trade then or they get given away in a contest or for sale? I would love to get my hands on the Dez Bryant.
                    Emmitt Smith and Cowboys collector!

Comment

Very nice break, grats on the nice hits too. I myself have always liked the chrome like cards - just wish the whole set was chrome, not just the rookies!
                      Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                      http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

another nice product from Topps, although their blasters dont seem to be quite as loaded this year- at least mine wasnt. Excellent review Frank, and thanks to Topps for the box to review!
                        Ed

Comment

Sick box....especially on the Tebow!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                          Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Very nice looking product, I'll ahve to buy a box.
                            HOFFMOEN
                            Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                            http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                            Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

I can't believe you pulled Tebow!!!! I need to get my hands on this product!

Comment

Working...
                              X