2010 Topps Triple Threads Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Topps Triple Threads Football

2010 Topps Triple Threads Football is a high-quality, high-end product.

Set Features;

Configuration: 2 mini-boxes per box. 6 cards per pack.

Each Box contains:

2 Triple Relics numbered to 99 or less (1 autographed triple relic)
    4 Base Parallels numbered to 525 or less
    6 Base Cards numbered to 1,350 or less

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:

100 Card Base Set
    Parallels: Sepia #/450; Emerald #/299; Gold #/99; Ruby #/25; Platinum #1/1
    35 Auto/Relic Rookies Base #/99
    Parallels:Sepia #/70; Emerald #/50; Gold #/25; Ruby #/10; Pigskin Parallel #1/1; Platinum #1/1 ; White Whale Printing Plates #1/1
    156 (52 Different players) Triple Relic Cards #/36
    Parallels: Sepia #/27; Emerald #/18; Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Platinum #1/1
    60 Triple Relic Combos (3 Players on each card) #/36
    Parallels:Sepia #/27; Emerald #/18; Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Platinum #1/1
    108 (36 Different Players) Autographed Triple Relic #/18
    Parallels: Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Pigskin #1/1; Platinum #1/1; White Whale Printing Plates #1/1
    20 Autographed Relic Combos (3 Players on each card) #/27
    Parallels: Emerald #/1; Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Pigskin #1/1; Platinum #1/1; White Whale Printing Plates #1/1
    6 Autographed Relic Pair Book Cards (2 Players in each book) #/18
    Parallels: Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Platinum #1/1
    6 Autographed Relic Double Combo Book Cards (6 Players on each card) #/3
    Parallels: Platinum #1/1
    15 Jumbo Plus Triple Relic #/3
    10 Jumbo Plus Triple Relic Auto #/3
    20 Jumbo Sleeve Team Patch #1/1
    10 Jumbo Patch Combo # 1/1
    15 Double Combo Relic Book Cards (2-6 players on each card) #/36
    Parallels: Sepia #/27; Emerald #/18; Gold #/9; Ruby #/3; Platinum #1/1
    6 Rookie and Rising Star Dual Autographs (2 players on each card) #/50
    Parallels: Gold #/25; Ruby #/10; Platinum #1/1
    16 Letter Plus Autos (2 Relics, 1 Letter, Auto'd) #/3
    18 XXIV (24 or more relic piece book card) #1/1
    25 NFL Shield (2 Relic pieces and NFL Shield) #1/1
    25 Laundry Tags (3 Relic Pieces, 2 other swatches, 1 laundry tag) # 1/1
    10 Cut Above Auto Relics # 1/1
    3 Dual Cut Above Auto Relic Book Card (6 Relics, 2 Autos per card) #1/1

Here's what we pulled in our mini-box of 2010 Topps Triple Threads Football.

Base Cards

While Topps has inundated the market this year with flashy foil cards (Platinum, Finest, Chrome), it's kinda nice to see a straight forward set of cards again. Don't get me wrong, I love the "ooh shiny" of the foil products, but being an older guy, I do sometimes yearn for the cards of old. The base cards in this set are numbered out of 1350 and are on thick card stock, making them feel indestructible. Each card is an action shot of the player and I was thrilled to see so many Hall of Famers in this year's set. Going through the checklist, it is full to the brim with names like Brown, Elway, Marino, Staubach, Aikman, Dickerson and Montana. Don't get me wrong, every decent rookie can be found here as well, but there's a fantastic selection of HOFers, if you're so inclined.

Parallel Cards

There are parallels galore in this year's Triple Threads, which is pretty standard for this set. Our parallels were a Sepia Dwayne Bowe and an Emerald Matt Stafford. The backs of all the cards feature a "Triple Take" of facts about each player, along with the stats from the 2009 season. the set takes advantage of the thicker card stock to really make you feel like you're holding something nice.

Relic Card

We landed the 1 relic that comes in each box. Someone else only got a auto relic. We also lucked out to get a pretty neat card of Jonathan Dwyer. As you can see from the scan, these cards are really beautiful. We get a touch of the foil on this card as it's set up with 9 pieces of jersey. The back of these cards also have the "Triple Take" as well as last year's college stats. In researching for this review, I did check out some of the other kinds of relics, relic/autos that the set has to offer and I can sum it up in 1 word, "Wow!" There are some amazing book cards featuring relics and autos of up to 6 players. There are jumbo logo patches taken from the sleeve of the jerseys. During my search I found an absolutely sick Dan Marino like that. And while most of the Cut Autos are still to be determined (meaning I can't find a solid checklist for them), what I do know is that there are Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry cut autos in this set as well as a Lombardi-Landry dual. Granted, they're 1/1's, but that's still pretty fantastic.

Final Thoughts on 2010 Topps Triple ThreadsFootball

2010 TTT NFL is another super high-end ultra premium delivery from Topps. The design and quality are excellent with a simple, clean, almost a classic layout that brings focus on the player. Premium card stock, color photos on the card backs and EVERY card being serially numbered are all nice points. The cards are well packaged and presented.These boxes can usually be had for between $130 and $150 on most sites that I have checked. That is for the full box with 12 cards and 1 auto and 1 relic guaranteed. For me, that's a little out of my price range. But for the real serious collector, can you really build a Sam Bradford collection without the Triple Threads auto/relic? Of course not. And just the thought of a hit with 6 of the top rookies of the year all auto'd on it makes opening the box quite the rush.

Here's how I would rate this product, based on what we experienced during our break

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4
    I rate this product a "B+" for Topps! And my rating is not so much on the quality of the cards...like I said, they're beautiful cards. But speaking for the average collector, $130 is quite a bit of coin to drop for 12 total cards, no matter how beautiful they are. For the high end guys, this is a must set. There's no other way to say it.

NPN Information

Mail to;

NPN 2010 Topps Triple Threads Football
    P.O. Box 2230
    Duryea, PA 18642

Postmarked by, February 2, 2011

I would like to thank Topps and CardCollectorsWorld for giving me the opportunity to review this new product.

Please Support The Sponsors That Support CardCollectorsWorld.
    Last edited by key2win; 01-03-2011, 12:27 PM.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Nice review Tim!

Thanks
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Tim:

Very good review. I like the "action" look of the base cards.

But I have a question for you! What? you couldn't pull a multi-colored relic?

Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

lmao randy, i keep tryimg but they keep running away from me like their scared
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice Review
          Click My Banner To See My Bucket
          Click My Banner To See My Bucket

Comment

Dwyer has the makings of a star in the future.. I think you did very well!

Comment

Always love the design, nice review!

Comment

Nice review Tim. That hit card you pulled looks very nice!

Comment

Thanks for the good review. For football collectors this looks like a really nice product.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                  Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                  Orioles Autos I need
                  Baseball HOFers GU I need
                  Orioles GU I need
                  Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                  However other offers will be considered

Comment

Love the design of this product, nice review Tim
                    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I always love Triple Threads. Very high end, but if you hit something nice...all I can say is WOW!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Love the look of these cards!
                        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Nice review.
                          For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X