*Rookie Gridiron Gem seq. #'d to 330 or less
    *Rookie Orientation seq. #'d to 100 or less
    *Plates & Patches seq. #'d to 25 or less
    *Gamebreakers seq. #'d to 50 or less
    *NFL Nation seq. #'d to 50 or less
    *NFL Gridiron seq. #'d to 50 or less

CASE BREAK
    Look for six or more of the following!
    "Rookie Gridiron Gems" or signatures of Tim Tebow, Tony Romo, Barry Sanders, Joe Namath, Aaron Rodgers, Jim Brown, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, C.J. Spiller, Brett Favre, Ryan Mathews, Dez Bryant, Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Adrian Peterson

HIGHLIGHTS
    "Rookie Gridiron Gear" rookie cards featuring a signed pull-out swatch of the top rookies including Sam Bradford, C.J. Spiller, Ryan Matthews, Jahvid Best, Dez Bryant and Tim Tebow seq. #'d to 330 or less.

"NFL Gridiron Signatures" featuring Barry Sanders, Aaron Rodgers, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Michael Turner and Maurice Jones-Drew seq. #'d to 50 or less.

"Plates & Patches" dual prime swatches featuring Adrian Peterson, Troy Polamalu, Chris Johnson, Mark Sanchez, Maurice Jones-Drew, Randy Moss, Miles Austin and Peyton Manning seq. #'d to 100 or less.

Our Box Break

Base Cards

We pulled 114 out of the 150 base cards in the set with no duplicates. These cards have very nice action photos that have a "painted" look to them.

Rookie Cards

There are 100 Rookies Cards in the set. We pulled 18 Rookie Cards, one per pack with no duplicates. The Rookie Cards have the same design as the regular base card with the word rookie in the upper left corner.

Inserts/Hits

We are suppose to get 9 inserts in the box. We beat the odds and pulled 11 inserts in this box.

Rookie Orientation

These cards have a nice portrait photography from the Rookie Premiere shoot. We pulled a Dez Bryant and a Arrelious Benn Silver #/d 250.

X Parallels

These parallel cards have the same design as the regular base card with either a silver or gold X in the bottom left corner. We pulled 4 Silver X Parallels #/d 250: Calvin Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, LeSean McCoy, and Antonio Brown RC. We pulled 2 Gold X Parallels #/d 100: Jeremy Maclin and Reggie Bush.

NFL Nation

The NFL Nation insert reminds me of the Hogg Heaven sets. We pulled a Cadillac Williams Gold #/d 100.

Crash Course

This design is a cool concept showcasing divisional and position rivals on the card. We pulled a Eli Manning/DeMarcus Ware. Our first Material card was a Jason Witten/Aaron Ross Crash Course Jersey #/d 250.

Game Breakers

I really like the Game Breakers design with half action photo and half team logo. We pulled a Peyton Manning. Our second Material card was a Maurice Jones-Drew Game Breakers Jerseys Prime #/d 50. What an amazing patch!

Autograph Cards

Our first Autograph card was a Morgan Burnett Rookie Autograph Gold #/d 299. The base rookie card contains a sticker auto with a blue signature.

Our second Autograph card was a C.J. Spiller Rookie Gridiron Gems Autograph #/d 228. These cards are actually the last 35 cards in the regular set. I have always been a fan of pullout autographs. The autograph is on a piece of jersey material. This card looks amazing in person.

Final Thoughts

I love the photography on the base cards, it depicts many action shots that football collectors will love. There are plenty of different insert card designs for everyone. I personally like the Game Breakers insert cards the most. The Crash Course inserts are very colorful and is a great design that goes well with the Dual Jersey cards. The C.J. Spiller Rookie Gridiron Gems Autograph is an amazing card that looks even better in person. There are not many cards out there that allows collectors to slide the jersey/auto piece in and out from the side of the card. I love small little details like this. Another great release from Panini.

Ratings

• Value = 5
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 5

Overall A++

NPN Information

NPN 2010 Panini Gridiron Gear
    2300 E. Randol Mill
    Arlington, TX 76011-6333

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope.

Postmarked by 2/6/11

Limit to 2 entries per household.
    Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

I would like to thank Panini and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by key2win; 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM.

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Nice review Chris. That Spiller Gems Auto looks amazing.

Comment

Chris: fantastic review....and that "Patch" card...what can you say? sweeeeeeet!

Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

great review!

Comment

I love the design of this set. That's a nice MJD patch and sick Spiller Auto
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Loving the look to this product for sure!
            TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
            A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I love the design of the base and rookies, very sharp looking! And the Gridiron Gems are always fantastic hits!

Great review Chris!
              "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Sick MJD. Even sicker Spiller!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I'm enjoying this set!

Dibs on the Calvin?
                  - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Gridiron Gear has been my favorite football product this year. I lost track of how many I've opened by now.

Leland
                    I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                    http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                    I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Great review and great product. Love the hit's. Can't wait to buy a box.
                      HOFFMOEN
                      Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                      http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                      Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

your box beat the pants off of mine- nice review, and I love the spiller!
                        Ed

Comment

awesome review!
                          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

I really think the Rookie Gridiron Gems Auto with pull-out looks great! Really nice box break there!

Comment

These cards really look nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X