Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Panini Prestige Football

2011 Panini Prestige Football

Configuration: 24 packs per box. 8 cards per pack.
    150 Commons and 100 Rookies per set

Highlights
    • NFL Draft Class trapped autographed embroidered patch
    • Top NFL rookies from the class of 2010 with autographed versions sequentially numbered to 299 or less
    • Collegiate lettermen featuring an autograph within a letter of a top rookie's last name from the Class of 2011

Box Break
    • 4 Autograph or Material Cards (at least one autograph)
    • 24 Rookies
    • 2 Extra Points Gold
    • 1 Extra Points Red
    • 3 Draft Picks Light Blue
    • 4 Stars of the NFL
    • 1 Connections
    • 1 League Leaders
    • 1 TD Sensations
    • 3 NFL Draft
    • 4 Prestigious Pros
    • 1 Inside the Numbers
    • 1 Rookie Review
    • 1 NFL Passport

Case Break
    Look for one or more of the following autographs: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Mark Ingram, Mikel LeShoure, Ryan Williams, DeMarco Murray, A.J. Green, Julio Jones or Collegiate Lettermen

What did we pull in our box?

Base Cards

These cards have very nice action photos that have the team name at the top and the player's name and Prestige logo at the bottom. The cards have a goal post type of border to them. We pulled 133 out of 200 base cards.

Rookie Cards

The Rookie Class is well represented in the base set and goes deep with Round 5 players and free agent signings. These cards have a similar design as the base cards but the team name is below the player's photo and the word rookie is on the border. The rookie cards have 2 additional variations with the Light Blue and Rights Parallels. Last but not least, 18 of the rookie cards have an additional alternate card that are seeded one per box. We pulled 24 out of 100 rookie cards.

Inserts/Parallels

Prestige contains a large assortment of parallels and inserts. There are five levels of Extra Points parallels of the entire 300 card set. Look for Gold, Red, Purple, Green, & Black variations. There are also 200 Extra Points Black signature cards. Most of the inserts focus on the rookies. They all have a distinctive look and for the first time in a long time, with a Panini product, the cards do not seem to be designed around anticipating a memorabilia swatch or a signature. The NFL Shield Logo Draft Class Autographed Cards look amazing as do the Pro Helmets Signatures.

The Hits

Visanthe Shiancoe Prestigious Pros Jersey #/250
    Johnny Knox Prestigious Pros Jersey #/50

Greg Little Rookie Autograph #/499
    Quinton Carter Rookie Autograph #/99

Randy Moss 3 Color Patch

Final Thoughts

The 2011 NFL Draft is complete and the first cards of the rookie crop with NFL logos (on the cards, not the photos) are ready to hit the market courtesy of Panini. In fact if you follow their blog, you’d know that the cards were actually designed live as the draft unfolded and you could see them appear on their website in real time. Cool? Yes indeed it was. Their first 2011 effort is an old standard – Prestige. Prestige has been for some time, the first Donruss/Playoff/Panini fully licensed football product to hit stores. It has always delivered early rookie cards and a fairly large base set. This year for around $80 you’ll also get 4 hits (a combination of memorabilia or autographs). The box contains 24 packs with 8 cards in each. Unlike other products in this range that just deliver the hits, there is a lot in each Prestige box. Set builders will enjoy putting together the 300 card base collection. It is made up of 200 veterans and 100 rookies. You’ll only get a little over 50% of the set with a single box, so there is some chase involved to put a complete Prestige set together.

Ratings

• Value = 5
    • Innovation = 5
    • Fun and Experience = 5
    • Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an A+ overall for Panini!

NPN Information

NPN 2011 Panini Prestige Football
    5325 FAA Blvd Suite 100
    Irving, TX 75061-3601

Hand print your name and complete address on a 3x5 card and use a #10 envelope. Postmarked by 7/27/11.

Limit to 2 entries per household. Only one card per envelope, mailed separately.

Canadian residents answer this question: 860 + 20 / 19 x 665 - 994 = ?

I would like to thank Panini and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Great review Tim. I love how Prestige always has a lot of different insert variations. Nice pull on the Moss 3 Color Patch Card. I cant wait for the new 2011-12 Prestige Basketball product to come out.

Comment

Nice review, the Moss patch is really cool!

Comment

not bad! I like the number of patches they have this year. Most boxes I've seen have had 5 hits.
        I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
        http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
        I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Nice review....I always enjoy prestige because it's a nice lower end release with solid hits.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
          Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
          Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I always like Prestige as well. And no different this year. Nice review as well. Too bad the patch was of Moss in the Titans uni!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

nice review . moss patch is cool .

Comment

Excellent review Tim!

I try to complete the set, but the SP RCs slow me down.
                - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Nice review and nice cards.
                  "When everyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking." - John Wooden

Working on a trade list - http://www.flickr.com/photos/papigrande2001/sets/

Comment

The randy moss is probably the best card pulled but a nice review.

Comment

Tim,
                      great review and I love that Moss Patch card,plus there sure is a great assortment of inserts in that box,great looking cards all around.
                      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Nice review brother. The product is a little lack luster and no Cam Newton auto in the product it is pretty weak considering the have pics of him holding his prestige cards.. They should not be too proud of this release. It will fill a void but Leaf Metal filled that weeks ago for most
                        Last edited by wheeler281; 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Personally I like the Knox, not biased am I? I like the patche's this year too, but have not seen any boxes with more than 4 hits, most of you must be lucky!
                          Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
                          http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Comment

Nice review and nice looking cards
                            Just the product to me dosnt seem to have that much value in the boxes though
                            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                            sigpic

Comment

i lov these cards really want the matthews one lol

Comment

Working...
                              X