Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Topps Chrome Football

2011 Topps Chrome Football
    As seems to be the case with a lot of 2011 football card releases announced thus far, 2011 Topps Chrome Football puts a huge focus on the rookie class. From 110 base set rookies to several levels of first-year autographs, there's lots of youngsters to chase. Topps is also bringing in the Bowman Chrome brand to further enhance the rookie appeal. As with every set bearing the Topps Chrome name, Refractors come in several different colors and rarities.

Product Highlights
    - 220 card base set (110 veterans, 110 rookies).
    - Rookie cards inserted one per pack.
    - Base set parallels: Refractors (numbered), Black (/299), Blue (/199), Crystal Atomic (numbered), Sepia (/99), Gold (/50), Red (/25), Printing Plates, Superfractors (/1).
    - Crystal Atomic, Sepia, Red and Superfractors are only in hobby packs.

OUR BOX BREAK

BASE CARDS

The base cards are identical to the regular Topps football cards, except with a Chrome finish. This is the same way Topps has been doing it for years. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

ROOKIES

Rookies fall one per pack. Topps Chrome is always a rookie heavy set, which attracts a lot of fans to the product. Some of the notable rookies we pulled were Jake Locker, Andy Dalton, Ryan Mallett, Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams, Titus Young, Taiwan Jones, Jordan Todman, Von Miller, JJ Watt, Dion Lewis, Cameron Heyward, and Patrick Peterson. Unfortunately we did not pull a Cam Newton.

BOWMAN CHROME ROOKIES

A very nice addition to the Topps Chrome release in the past few years was the inclusion of Bowman Chrome RCs. These fall two per hobby box. We pulled Ryan Williams and Kyle Rudolph.

PARALLELS

Topps Chrome is also a very parallel heavy set. With close to 10 different parallels, player collectors have a pretty nice "rainbow" to chase after. We pulled the following regular refractors: Steven Jackson, Tyrod Taylor RC, Cameron Jordan RC, Mark Ingram RC, Ryan Williams RC, Matthew Stafford, and Troy Polamalu. We pulled an Arian Foster Black Refractor #237/299. We pulled a Cameron Jordan Blue Refractor #113/199. Lastly we pulled a Rob Gronkowski Atomic Refractor #139/139!

SUPERLATIVE

A sharp looking rookie insert set this year with a die cut design. This would be a sweet insert set to build. These fall one per box and we pulled DeMarco Murray.

FINEST FRESHMAN

Another insert set highlighting rookies from this season. There are parallel refractor versions, but we didn't pull any. We pulled Alex Green, Bilal Powell, Christian Ponder, and Shane Vereen.

ROOKIE RECOGNITION

You guessed it, another insert set highlighting rookies from this year! Nice looking design reminiscent of past Topps Finest sets. We pulled Jordan Todman, Randall Cobb, and Vincent Brown.

THE HIT

Each hobby box of Topps Chrome comes with an autographed rookie card. We happened to pull a very rare Red Refractor Autographed Rookie of Colin Kaepernick #2/5!!!

CLOSING THOUGHTS

The initial price point of this release was around $70, which is a nice buy given all of the rookies and parallels that come out of this release. However with the recent boom of Cam Newton, boxes seem to be consistently costing around $90 to $100 now. If you are looking for a product that delivers a bunch of hits, this product isn't for you. However if you are looking for a fun product with a bunch of nice rookies/inserts/parallels, then this release is a dream come true for you.

PRODUCT RATING
    Value = 5
    Design = 5
    Joy Of Break = 5
    Resale Value = 4

Overall I would give a solid A rating for this Topps product!

NPN
    NPN 2011 Topps Chrome Football
    P.O. Box 2008
    Duryea, PA 18642

Postmarked by 2/1/12.

I would like to thank Card Collectors World and Topps for giving me the opportunity to review this product!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Nice review Jeremy. Congrats on the great hit!

Comment

great review.nice cards

Comment

Great review! I love the Murray!
        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Sick Kaepernick Auto!
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Greta review, always love chrome.

Comment

Awesome review! Chrome is one of my favorite products

Comment

sweet-will these be contest cards or can i ask to trade for the gronkowski

Comment

Great review! Chrome is always a hit, nice on the Red auto.
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Excellent product.

Spectacular review!

I love the parallels in this product. Gives a team collector a ton of stuff to chase after. Love the Chrome!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

very nice cards love the autos
                      http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
                      Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Originally posted by Daqda View Post
                        sweet-will these be contest cards or can i ask to trade for the gronkowski
                        There will be multiple contests giving away all of the parallels/inserts/star RC's/etc. in the coming weeks, so be on the lookout. The Gronk will be available then.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                        Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Chrome is a great product that keeps delivering every year. I look forward to putting the set together.

Great hit on the auto. Congrats!!!!

Comment

nice review chrome is a great product tx bob
                            UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

This has been one of the best years of chrome in a long time! SICK HIT on the Kaepernick.
                              I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
                              http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
                              I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Working...
                              X