Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Press Pass Football

2009 Press Pass

2009 Press Pass, featuring 5 On-Card Autographed cards per box! As well as a chance at 1 Memorabilia cards in approximately 1:72 packs! 105 card set, including 5 short prints, 50 base first print rookie cards and 50 subset cards. 4 Cards per pack, 28 packs per box!

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
    o Press Pass signings - Five (5) On card Autographed cards in EVERY box!
    o Gridiron Gamers - Memorabilia card 1:72 packs, on average!
    o Power Pick subset 1:14 packs!
    o Power Pick Autographs, numbered to 250 or less!
    o Banner Season insert cards, inserted 1:4 packs!
    o Reflectors parallel, numbered /500, and HOBBY only reflectors “Proof Edition” numbered /100!

Press Pass Signings Breakdown:
    o BRONZE featuring each player's school logo!
    o SILVER featuring each player's uniform number and sequentially numbered to 199
    o GOLD, the rarest level, includes an "X's and O's" pattern and is sequentially numbered to 99

Here's what I pulled in our box of 2009 Press Pass:

Base Set

Trophy Club and Regular issue

The base cards are sharp looking, a nice variety of action shots of the different collegiate football players. We pulled 93/100 cards in the base set, and 2/5 short printed cards. I really liked the opportunity to get almost a complete set out of a box break!
    There were 50 subset cards, consisting of: Trophy Club, Collegiate Leaders, All-Americans and Teammates.

Power Pick Short Print and Collegiate Leaders

Teammates and All-Americans

Gridiron Gamers Memorabilia Card

I beat the odds and pulled a nice memorabilia piece of Chase Daniel, Missouri. The white jersey swatch is numbered 98/100!

"Bleed Blue" Inscriptions - only 15 made!

Autographed Cards

Our Autographed cards consisted of 5 bronze level ON-Card autographs, one of which was a very limited “inscription” card! The five autographs were: Ian Johnson “Bleed Blue”, Cullen Harper, P.J. Hill, Graham Harrell and Victor Harris.

Parallel/Insert Cards

Our break consisted of three "Reflector" parallels, two numbered /500 - Mohamed Massaquoi and Malcolm Jenkins (trophy club), the “Proof Edition“ /100 was of Kenny Britt (collegiate leaders). We also pulled 7 different "Banner Season" insert cards.

Reflector Parallels

Reflector "Proof Edition" and Banner Season insert

Final Thoughts on 2009 Press Pass:

I enjoyed opening this product and before having the chance to evaluate a box of it, opened some of my own. I really like the fact that Press Pass has the autographs on the card itself! Having a minimum 5 autograph hits per box is great, although the fact that we did not get a single drafted player out of the break was a bit disappointing. The quality of the inserts and parallels was excellent. I did enjoy getting a rare hit on the Ian Johnson “Bleed Blue” - after a bit of research I found only 15 are estimated to have been made.
    I do think this is a very nice product and I am very pleased with the quality of the cards. These boxes can usually be had for around $70-95 on some sites that I have checked. Not a bad price for a guaranteed 5 hits per box as well as many, many rookies.

Here's how I would rate this product;
    Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 4
    Re-buy Value = 4

I rate this product an "B+" for Press Pass! I enjoyed the on-card autographs, I would have liked some better player autographs, but overall a lot of fun to open and some great cards to collect and trade.

I would like to thank Kirsten at Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by ; 10-06-2009, 09:50 PM.
    Collecting Bears, current, and past greats, also picking up Lions, Vikings and set needs.

my bucket:
    http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o128/ctkenjr/

Due to time constraints not all items are always in my bucket (older items and occasionally the newest stuff)

Not bad.. Always nice to beat the odds!
    sigpic
    Collecting: Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics In Uniform Only! And BTL Autos!
    *I USE PWE'S ON ALL SMALL TRADES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A GU OR AUTO*

Comment

Working...
    X