Suggested Retail Price: Around $85 to $90 Per Hobby Box

Box Break + Highlights
    • One Decades Rookie Card
    • One 100 Years of Hockey Insert Card
    • One Non-Memorabilia Insert Card
    • Three Game Used Memorabilia Cards
    • Three Autographed Cards

Decades Rookie Card
    • A 45-card list featuring the most exciting Rookies from the 1980s!

100 Years of Hockey Insert Card
    • The year long celebration continues with 25 more cards to collect!

Non-Memorabilia Insert Card
    • Featuring 8 different Non-Memorabilia Insert Sets to collect including Great Moments, Long Island Dynasty, Edmonton Dynasty, Battle of New York, Battle of Alberta, Battle of Quebec, Memorable Masks, and Canada's Best.

Game Used Memorabilia Cards
    • A huge selection of authentic Game Used Memorabilia cards to collect including Game Used Memorabilia Autographed cards!

Autographed Cards
    • Over 150 authentic hard signed Autograph cards to collect including all 20 members of the Miracle on Ice Hockey Team!

What We Pulled

Decades Rookie Card

An excellent center playing for 7 teams during his NHL career, Doug Gilmour was on the 1989 Stanley Cup champion Calgary Flames. A very cool retro card with him in the St. Louis Blues uniform and a nice partial background of the Blues logo.

100 Years of Hockey Insert Card

A nice card of Stan Mikita who played his entire career with the Chicago Blackhawks. He scored over 1400 points in just under 1400 games in the NHL. An inductee into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1983.

Non-Memorabilia Insert Card

Our Non-Memorabilia insert is from the Memorable Masks set. Patrick Roy is arguably one of the best NHL goalies of all time who played for the Montreal Canadiens and the Colorado Avalance. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2006.

Game Used Memorabilia Cards

This is a very nice Game Used card of a great goalie for the New York Rangers. John Vanbiesbrouck is an American born Hockey player from Detroit. I love the look of this Trophy Winners Game Used card.

Mike Modano, another of my favorite non-Bruins, is the all time NHL goal scoring and points leader among American born players in the NHL. It is amazing that he is still playing today! He played this past season for the Detroit Red Wings.

A very nice looking two color patch card of Chris Chelios. Chelios is one of the all time best scoring defensemen in the NHL!

Autographed Cards

Phil Housley is the second leading scorer among U.S. born players only behind Mike Modano! A very solid looking on card autograph with a nice background of hockey fans behind the glass.

Rick Wamsley shared the 1982 William M. Jennings Trophy and was a member of the Stanley Cup winning Calgary Flames in 1989. You can see every single letter of his name in his signature, which is rare nowadays.

Our second John Vanbiesbrouck card pulled from this box. His autograph goes nicely side by side with his Game Used card.

Final Thoughts

This was a different type of break for me personally with 3 Game Used cards and 3 Autographs per box. This has the feel of a high end box with no base cards involved. The cards have solid designs and are not overly flashy. In The Game continues its cross product collection with the 100 Years of Hockey Insert Cards. The Autographs are on card autographs which majority of collectors prefer these days. Some of the card designs have the same feel as cards from the other product lines (such as Between the Pipes). Hence the lower rating on the Innovation category below. I always like to see more diversity in different products. Since you are guaranteed 3 Autographs and 3 Game Used cards in the box, the Rebuy Value is higher on this product. Overall it was fun to bust another ITG product and I cant wait for the next release!

How I Rate This Product
    Value = 4
    Innovation = 3
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product a B+ for ITG

NPN

There is no NPN for this product.

Thank you so much to In The Game as well as Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product. Be on the look out for future contests with cards from this box break.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Very nice review Woody. ITG released another great product and I like the fact that you get 3 Autos and 3 Game Used cards for a reasonable price. Most high end boxes that give that many hits are around $150. I really like the look of the Trophy Winners Game Used design. The colors on the card blends in nicely with the blue jersey.

Comment

Great review Woody. ITG keeps churning out high-quality hockey products, this is no different. I love the retro feel, and I een love the fact more that you can pull autos of the 1980 Miracle On Ice team.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

very nice review!

Comment

Awesome looking product! Great review too! This is definitely geared towards the Auto/Relic collector as opposed to the set collector. Don't see that very often. Very cool!
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

absolutely beautiful! this is the set i've been waiting my whole life for.

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

Great review and love the look of these cards,the auto's just jump right out at you.
              Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Brads55 View Post
                Awesome looking product! Great review too! This is definitely geared towards the Auto/Relic collector as opposed to the set collector. Don't see that very often. Very cool!
                I agree. Seeing that Vanbeisbrook in your box was awesome.. man those were good times for Ranger fans

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Great review looks really nice!!
                  TRADE PAGE
                  Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Crystal Auto /50

Comment

Nice looking product. Love the throwback look and names.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
                    Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
                    Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
                    Colts Rookie Collection
                    Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

ausome stuff, will get me some of these
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                      I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Very sweet looking product, I loved hockey the most in the 80"s and can't wait to buy a box of this in search of my NY Islanders. Great review.
                        HOFFMOEN
                        Looking for Auto's & G/u of NY Mets, NY Giants, HOFers, Old time players, 8x10 Photos & Celebrity Auto's
                        http://s514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/Hoffmoen/

http://www.4salebytubers.com/ccw/Store/Hoffmoen

I am currently Supercollecting the following players,

Mike Piazza, Jose Reyes, David Wright
                        Drew Bledsoe, Curtis Martin, Eli Manning, Tiki Barber, Brandon Jacobs, Odell Beckham Jr. New PC item - any card #ed 4/25

Comment

Review

Thanks for the review. This is one of those products that, even though I am not a hockey collector, I would buy for the value. It's also great to see players included that I remember growing up. The Vanbeisbrook auto was my favorite card of the hits and think that maybe I will look into a box just for the nostalgia of it. Nice product.

Comment

Nice looking cards for sure!!! Thanks!!

Comment

Man I wish Topps would produce a set with retired players again like The Cup did with this release. I'm sick of seeing all the prospect-laden Bowman junk. I'm not a hockey guy but I do recognize all the names and you got some nice cards in this break.
                              Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

Working...
                              X