Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Elvis Milestones

Press Pass Introduces Elvis Milestones

Elvis Milestones is the fifth release by Press Pass. The 75-card set commemorates the 75th birthday of "The King" and offers Elvis fans and collectors a glimpse into some of the most significant events to occur throughout the life of one of the most popular musical artists of the 20th century.
    Look for these exciting features:

- ONE ON-CARD AUTOGRAPH OR MEMORABILIA CARD IN EVERY HOBBY BOX!
    - Petruccio Mini Masterpieces - Hand-drawn sketch cards from renowned artist Joe Petruccio...#'d to 20 or less!
    - Elvis 3-D Pop-Ups
    - The King's Things memorabilia cards and Celebrity Signatures
    - Historic Cuts - Elvis cut signatures, including a special, first-ever card featuring both an authentic Elvis signature and a swatch of Elvis-worn clothing!

24 packs per box, 5 cards per pack

This is a MUST HAVE set for the die-hard Elvis collector. It reintroduces you to the King of Rock from birth to the grave and beyond. The last 10 cards in the set deal with what has happened since his death. Awards that he received and Graceland being named a National Historic Landmark.

What we pulled:

Base set -

These are glossy cards with great pictures of the King and tell the more important stages of his life. Those of us that are old enough to remember will never forget that second apperance on the Ed Sullivan Show. And how about the Come Back Special, made after he got out of the Amry and just finished up with his movies. He wanted to make it a personal experience and chose to do a small live show. We pulled 63 of 75 bases cards.

Inserts-

75th Birthday
    Odds 1:1
    We pulled 48 of them. We got 2 per pack, well above the odds. These cards don't scan well, but they are made on a flat background with a glossy
    ELV 75
    Birthday 2010
    across the front of the cards. Very cool!!

Under the Lights
    Odds 1:6

Sweet looking chrome foil cards that highlight some of his concerts. We pulled 4 of them.

Elvis Pop-ups
    Odds 1:8

Again these are chrome foil, but you can punch them out and fold the cards to "stand Elvis" anywhere in your house or office. I need to keep these away from my wife, lol. We pulled 3 of them

Diamond Base Parallel set #/75
    No Odds

The only difference between this and the base cards are the numbering.

Autographs or Memorabilia -
    Odds 1 per box
    all auto's are either un-numbered, #/50 or #/25.

We pulled James Burton #/50.

Final thoughts -

This is an amazing set to have. It takes you through a timeline of the life of Elvis.I love the pictures and the infromation on the backs of the cards. I wish that there would have been a full set in the box, but that will give Elvis collectors just another reason to purchase more boxes and maybe hit that BIG Elvis cut auto!!

My favorite card? The entire base set. I love auto's, but the real reason to buy Milestones, is to get the set.

Here's how I would rate this product;

Value = 5
    Innovation = 4
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product an "B+" for Press Pass!

NPN:
    Hand print your complete name, address & email address on a 3X5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to:

NPN Elvis Milestones
    9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200
    Charlotte, NC 28269

Limit one per household.

Postmarked by Oct. 27, 2010 and received by Nov. 3, 2010. Drawing on Nov. 17, 2010

I would like to thank Press Pass & Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product.

This product can be purchased from collectandsave.com for $38.99 per box.

Support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!
    Last edited by ; 09-19-2010, 11:00 AM.

that looks like a great product

thanks for letting ccw review it Press Pass!
    Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
    sigpic

Comment

I dont know if I Love it Tender or Love it Sweet.. but I love this product!

Comment

solid review, and a nice looking product, although music cards arent my type of thing, I think that is a very well put together set, and concept

Ed

Comment

Awesome cards! And great review!
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

nice review, set looks cool and unique

Comment

Very nice indeed. Thanks for the review Dan. NOT an Elvis fan, but looks like it could be an enjoyable box to break and THANK YOU Press Pass for making the odds of an autograph or memorabillia 1 per box!
              Randy
              United States Air Force, Retired
              ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
              balance of life, an individual diagnosed
              with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

It is a great review of a quality product. I used to have 2 Elvis relic cards--pajamas and a smoking jacket. Traded very fast, there are MANY Elvis fans out there. I'm just not one of them. But Press Pass does Elvis up right--again!!
                ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
                http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

Very nice product showcasing the one and only Elvis.

Comment

Working...
                  X