Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-11 ITG Canadiana

2010-11 ITG Canadiana
    Box Configuration: 1 Pack Per Box, 8 Cards Per Pack (+1 Bonus Hit Card)
    Suggested Retail Price: Around $95 Per Box

Canadiana's original release date was July 1st, 2011. The product was delayed because some important signers didn’t return their cards back in time. In The Game does not include redemption cards within their products. Because of the delay, they decided to include an additional hit card in the box. Now each box includes an additional Autograph or Memorabilia Card in it for a total of 9 cards per box.

Box Break
    • 6 Base Cards
    • 1 Autograph Card
    • 1 Memorabilia Card
    • 1 Additional Autograph or Memorabilia Card

Product Highlights
    • Canadiana features a 100 Card Base Set which includes 3 Parallel Versions: Ruby, Sapphire, & Onyx.
    • The Autograph Card checklist includes sports figures, actors, actresses, and more. From the Grey Cup to the Emmy's. Autos will include William Shatner, Paul Henderson, Pamela Anderson, Don Cherry, Stompin' Tom Connors, and Jacques Villeneuve to name a few.
    • The Cut Signature Card checklist can be seen as a chronology of Canadian history. Politicians, Scientists, War Heroes, Hollywood Legends, and many other history makers are included such as James Naismith, Alexander Graham Bell, William Lyon Mackenzie King, Whipper Billy Watson, Roderick L. Haig-Brown, Billy Bishop, Conn Smythe, and A.Y. Jackson to name a few.

Our Box Break

Ruby Base Cards

The Ruby Base Cards are thick stock cards with a white background surrounding the photo. The In The Game logo is on the top right corner of the card. We pulled 3 Ruby Base Cards in our box. Sir John A. MacDonald was the first Prime Minister of Canada and served for 19 years. Art Linkletter was the host of House Party and People Are Funny. Alfred Fuller started the Fuller Brush Company which sold branded and private label products for personal care and household cleaning.

Sapphire Base Cards

The Sapphire Base Cards have a similar look and design as the Ruby Base Cards except for the blue coloring on the bottom of the card. We pulled 3 Sapphire Base Cards in our box. Timothy Eaton founded Eaton's department store which was one of the most important retail businesses in Canada's history. Ferguson Jenkins is a former MLB Hall of Fame Pitcher who won the 1971 Cy Young Award. Bronko Nagurski was a former NFL player for the Chicago Bears and also a Professional Wrestler.

Autograph Cards

We pulled a Jessalyn Gilsig Autograph. She is an actress known for her roles on Boston Public, Nip/Tuck, and Glee. The autograph is a sticker autograph with blue ink to match the design of the card. There is a blue maple leaf in the background behind the photo.

Our extra hit card was a Chantal Kreviazuk Autograph. She is a singer and song writer. The autograph is also a sticker autograph, but with black ink to match the design of the card. There is a black maple leaf in the background behind the photo.

Memorabilia Card

The best hit card of our box was a Pamela Anderson Mega Memorabilia Card. The card is a thick stock card that has a piece of nightgown personally worn by Pamela Anderson. The jumbo swatch is cut to fit a Maple Leaf design in the center of the card.

Final Thoughts

In The Game has released their Canadiana product which celebrates some of Canada's greatest citizens. Each box was originally stated to have 8 cards in it. Canadiana's original release date was July 1st, 2011. The product was delayed because some important signers didn’t return their cards back in time. In The Game does not include redemption cards within their products. Because of the delay they decided to include an additional hit card in the box. Now each box includes an additional Autograph or Memorabilia Card in it for a total of 9 cards per box. Our box had an extra Autograph Card in it. This product features a great checklist including James Naismith, William Shatner, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Donald Sutherland, Steve Yzerman, Pamela Anderson, Trish Stratus, Bret Hart, and more. The base cards have a solid design much like most of the ITG hockey products. The Autographs are sticker autographs, but you barely notice it because of the white background used. I really like the look and design of the Mega Memorabilia Cards. This product is ideal for a wide range of collectors, especially for Canadian collectors. Whether you are looking for athletes, celebrities, actors, politicians, entertainers, war heroes, or other important Canadian citizens, this product has it all. I am looking forward to the next product release from In The Game.

Product Rating

Value = 4
    Innovation = 5
    Fun and Experience = 5
    Rebuy Value = 4

I rate this product an A- for ITG!

NPN

There is no NPN for this product.

I would like to thank In The Game and Card Collectors World for giving me the chance to review this new product. Be on the lookout for future contests with cards from this break.

Please support the sponsors that support Card Collectors World!

Love the Chantal Kreviazuk auto. Not a fan of her music per se, but she is married to Our Lady Peace front man Raine Maida of which I'm a huge fan. This is a fantastic product from ITG. I will be picking up a bunch of autos. Boxes are a little pricey, but there are some major dollar cards available if you get lucky in your pulls.
    Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Nice review! Great design

Comment

Pretty nice product!

One third of the box was hits! Gotta like that.

Interesting choice for the MEM Swatch, too!
        - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Nice review, and nice looking cards.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
          Baseball HOFers Autos I need
          Orioles Autos I need
          Baseball HOFers GU I need
          Orioles GU I need
          Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
          However other offers will be considered

Comment

Very nice review, this product is pretty cool. Nice job by ITG.

Comment

great review and sweet pam anderson swatch
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
              I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Nice review and nice looking design.

There are some great players from our neighbors up north.
                Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

From the ITG website regarding the autos.

Red Version is 1/1
                  Blue Version is limited
                  Black Version is base auto

Comment

Kind of a neat idea. I am sure this will get a lot of hits from Historical collectors. The list of signatures looks like it has some very cool people included.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

cool cards

Comment

pretty neat idea, wonder how many people are canadian that I never realized...
                        Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Unique idea and good review. Looks like it may just be a set that comes out once every decade or so though...

Comment

Great looking design ITG continues to deliver quality ideas and product
                            U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                            Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                            Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Love the product and the cards look nice. I really like this company overall. I would give it a b just because it's Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X