No announcement yet.

2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Auto Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the update earlier today and was just about to post it for your info. Unfortunately all the photos show sticker autos and not one card. Personally it doesn't bother me as long as the auto is not smudged, completely on the sticker and the sticker applied neatly. Ideally, Topps would scrutinize the stickers and exercise good judgment in which are used. I've had more than a few on card that were done poorly and once it's on paper, not much that can be done with the poor quality sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ctau00 View Post
      I saw the update earlier today and was just about to post it for your info. Unfortunately all the photos show sticker autos and not one card. Personally it doesn't bother me as long as the auto is not smudged, completely on the sticker and the sticker applied neatly. Ideally, Topps would scrutinize the stickers and exercise good judgment in which are used. I've had more than a few on card that were done poorly and once it's on paper, not much that can be done with the poor quality sig.
      FWIW, the cards they show are all typically sticker autos from what I've seen of Die Cuts from Platinum and the same with the 14 S1 stuff. I'm hoping for something legible and unsmudged as well. I really thought they would have showcased whatever oncard stuff he still had out though.
      My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

Uh, so looks like we're getting a sticker, also, from this, looks like I had at one point, almost half of the print run of these: Yasiel Puig 2013 Bowman Platinum Orange Redemption Authentic Autograph Card 3 5 | eBay

Just saw this, was wondering if this is our card or not. Numbered to 5? Wow.

Comment

Damn, never mind, looks like this is the one from the Convention.

Comment

UPDATE: my Puig shipped yesterday, along with my Sterling Clint Frazier. The Puig is a sticker, not numbered from what I've seen on eBay.

Comment

Good for you!!! I should be so lucky... mine are still pending along with all the others I've got but what's new? Did you just happen to query the status and find it shipped or did you pester Topps' customer service about. Post a pic when you receive it, I'm interested to know how it'll look... for some reason I'm thinking it's going to look same as the ones from the National which would really suck in trying to tell the two apart. They're already on ebay too?

I noticed Topps is no longer updating the tumblr page too.

Comment

I logged in to the redemption sight, (a daily morning ritual) and it showed tracking, both shipped yesterday, so I'll see them in May. Here's the link to the one that sold on eBay recently: 2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Auto Orange Parallel Autograph w Redemption | eBay

Same exact card from the National, no SN, that should be the easiest way to tell them apart as the autos from the Nat were numbered to 5 and the nonauto were numbered to 125. Can't tell if the card is foilboard or chrome, the pics were shitty in the eBay listing. I'm guessing foilboard as that is what the cards from the Nat were I believe. The card number isn't the card number printed on the redemption card, sorta disappointing all around. Either way, I'm glad it's finally on it's way.

Comment

There's a handful of them up on eBay now, the card is foilboard, not chrome, from what I've seen. The confusion has manifested, lol, most of the listings are claiming that there are only 5 of this card, but the listings for the redemption, like we have, show cards with no serial number. Oh, the jackassery is in full swing.

Comment

The autos from the National were serial numbered on the front, number 4/5 is listed currently, as opposed to the redemptions which we have that aren't serial numbered at all.

Comment

Good work Columbo, I'm guessing you must be on east coast time because I was just now getting all of my detective work done and was about to spring my same findings on you but once again I'm lagging.

So yeah, I can see they look identical aside from the #/5 on the fronts and I'm adding 'jackassery' to my vernacular because yes, it has gone full bore. WTF are these leftovers from the Nat? The card number is numbered with a NCA, was it that difficult of a task to renumber with a BPPA prefix in order to distinguish a difference between the two?

I have noticed the unstamped ones do refer to Beckett's listing them out of 5 but more interesting is if you open separate tabs and look at the images side-by-side for the listings below, I swear they're both selling the same card, or using the exact same image at the very least. I know it ain't you and your two, because A) you haven't received yet and B) the sellers are in two different locations - Richmond, TX & Williamstown, NJ... what gives with that???
                      2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Autograph Orange Refractor RC 1 5 Auto | eBay
                      -and-
                      2013 Bowman Platinum Yasiel Puig Autograph Orange Refractor RC 5 Auto | eBay

Forget the chrome or foilboard, I'm thinking this thing is so jacked up that by the time I get mine, it'll be reduced to a plain paper orange parallel... with a Duke Snider sticker auto!!!
                      Last edited by ctau00; 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM. Reason: typo clarification

Comment

Yeah, I noticed those listings are pretty suspect, good call. These have to be either leftovers from the National run. Or they just printed more. Either way, I was expecting a totally different card, not a lesser version of the Nat card. Granted, it's an auto, and I think it's Puig's first auto on a licensed product given that Platinum released before Inception I think, but still, this is pretty bush league even for Topps. I'm in Colorado, fulltime student but I have Thursdays off so I had a lot of time this morning to dig around on the Bay.

Comment

If Topps was going to be this half-assed about it after all this time, they should've just stuck the stickers on the base card and called it a day. I'm at a loss for words right now... well not really, but none that would be acceptable on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by ctau00 View Post
                            If Topps was going to be this half-assed about it after all this time, they should've just stuck the stickers on the base card and called it a day. I'm at a loss for words right now... well not really, but none that would be acceptable on this forum.
                            Completely agree. I knew the auto was holding this up, but with all that time, Topps could have done the work, knowing they were going with stickers, to make a different card, or, I don't know, maybe at least changed the card number. Pretty frustrating. I've seen a few of the Bowman Chrome Lucky Redemptions, they're numbered to 100, refractors, decent looking cards. But even then, a Bowman Chrome sticker auto? Cmon, man, really? He had hard signed Bowman Chrome Autos that were packed out, pretty sad. I'm glad I sold one of my two redemptions, I had planned on redeeming both, with the idea that at least with two of them, I might land one that is worth grading (really with Platinum's design that would have been luckier than pulling two of these redemptions from retail) but now that I'm seeing them, I'm glad I sold one. Sure, it's still a nice add to my Puig stack, but it could have been much cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by revghost View Post
                              I'm glad I sold one of my two redemptions, I had planned on redeeming both, with the idea that at least with two of them, I might land one that is worth grading (really with Platinum's design that would have been luckier than pulling two of these redemptions from retail) but now that I'm seeing them, I'm glad I sold one.
                              I almost regret redeeming my one copy. Not so much because I'd sell it, more so because the plain white front with sticker is just as attractive a card and mine is no longer mint. If nothing else it's got the right card number on it and you can certainly distinguish it from the others.

Comment

LANDED.

Comment

Working...
                                X