Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright,it's about time I post in this thread again with today's mailday. I'm heading off to work now but I did take the scan from the eBay auction and it just came in the mail. It's only 1 card but it's a doozie:

#001/250

Thanks,
    Brett
    Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
      Yup Woody. Thanks for rubbing salt in the fresh wound with that Ortiz!
      My pleasure!

Here is another one. And this one is far from an MVP. But a piece of Red Sox history regardless!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Just got it in today, Hit on thursday night.

I'll explain exactly how this was pulled, I been collecting football with my twin 11yr olds for past 2 years getting some halfway descent retail pulls. Decided to get into a ebay box break and got a few nice cards of Patriots rookie Aaron Dobson (topps prime #4/10 game used 2 color football relic, #16/50 copper/rainbow rookie auto, #240/250 silver rookie auto). I heard them talking about Topps Triple Threads baseball breaks coming up, and figured why not widen my collection to some baseball now. I Got in and was able to grab the cubs just before the closing bid and stole the win. Boy am I glad I did get in now, it was down to the last or 2nd to last box I had not hit anything yet. Just then he busted a stack what did he pull......

Topps Triple Threads 2013 Chicago Cubs Card #84 Ernie Banks Ruby 1/1 Parallel

Sorry the card is amazing, but sadly I dont have a scanner
        My cell phone camera just does not do the card any justice as it is flawless
        Anyways Im told that Beckett does not even have a price guide for it because of its scarcity and rarity, how cool is that. Anyways here is a pic, even though it was in the live break you guys are the first to see it from my hands, but again remember its from my cell phone and the camera is not the best, I'll load 1 after work tommorow at the shop on the scanner.

Last edited by tsands11; 11-04-2013, 09:11 PM.
        http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post
          I'll explain exactly how this was pulled, I been collecting football with my twin 11yr olds for past 2 years getting some halfway descent retail pulls. Decided to get into a ebay box break and got a few nice cards of Patriots rookie Aaron Dobson (topps prime #4/10 game used 2 color football relic, #16/50 copper/rainbow rookie auto, #240/250 silver rookie auto). I heard them talking about Topps Triple Threads baseball breaks coming up, and figured why not widen my collection to some baseball now. I Got in and was able to grab the cubs just before the closing bid and stole the win. Boy am I glad I did get in now, it was down to the last or 2nd to last box I had not hit anything yet. Just then he busted a stack what did he pull......

Topps Triple Threads 2013 Chicago Cubs Card #84 Ernie Banks Ruby 1/1 Parallel

Sorry the card is amazing, but sadly I dont have a scanner
          My cell phone camera just does not do the card any justice as it is flawless
          Anyways Im told that Beckett does not even have a price guide for it because of its scarcity and rarity, how cool is that. Anyways here is a pic, even though it was in the live break you guys are the first to see it from my hands, but again remember its from my cell phone and the camera is not the best, I'll load 1 after work tommorow at the shop on the scanner.

Awesome card! I usually break even when I buy in on team breaks, Triple Threads can really be a gamble, it's good to see when it pays off! I'm guessing here, but I think you probably got a great return on what you paid in, lol. Even better if you're a Cubs fan.
          My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

Yeah it will be a nice turn around, No I am not a cubs fan. Probably gonna see about selling it possibly. Rolling it around a bit still, we will see what happens.

And put up a new pic to make it a little clearer.
            Last edited by tsands11; 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM.
            http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

If you're selling it on eBay, you may want to list it ASAP, while 13 Triple Threads is still selling well. I saw a 13 TTT Joe Mauer Ruby 1/1 go for $100, so you should do pretty well on your Banks. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by revghost View Post
                If you're selling it on eBay, you may want to list it ASAP, while 13 Triple Threads is still selling well. I saw a 13 TTT Joe Mauer Ruby 1/1 go for $100, so you should do pretty well on your Banks. Good luck!
                Hey I sent you a PM buddy got a ? for ya

Comment

Got it, responded.

Comment

Was lucky enough to get both of these cards out of the same case break - 2 great adds to my PC.

Collector of all things Red Sox - particularly like Prospect Autos / Dwight Evans/ Dustin Pedroia

Photobucket: http://s1051.beta.photobucket.com/us...llins/library/

Comment

Today I pulled a 5/5 Henry Owens 2011 Bowman and a Dylan Bundy Auto ...

I enjoy collecting Sports Cards mainly Hockey and Baseball ... Not much of a seller but you really never know ...

Comment

Great cards ... WoW!!!

Last edited by Melagoo; 11-11-2013, 12:05 AM.
                        I enjoy collecting Sports Cards mainly Hockey and Baseball ... Not much of a seller but you really never know ...

Comment

Originally posted by Melagoo View Post
                          Great cards ... WoW!!!

Sweet pulls!!

Comment

very cool cards ... I'm loving the Topps Megabox update

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
                              Super nice stuff, ALL of you!

So, did ya rip it?
                              \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
                              I did rip it ... Braun EXT and a Seaver EXT

Comment

Last edited by GameJerseyPR; 11-20-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X