BCCG Authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCCG Authentication

Hello Cardboard Community! This is my first post but looking forward to meeting new collectors. Anyway, I know BCCG is ran by Beckett but much lower standards when it comes to grading. I was wondering if BCCG's authentication process is the same as BGS? For example the 86 Fleer Jordan?

Also, I know I'm kind of ranting but what's with even having a Beckett Price Guide? I'm in the market for a 1986 Fleer complete set and in the July Beckett it's priced at $1100. I know the guide goes by average value of brick & mortar stores but there isn't a store in America you can buy a 86 Fleer complete set for $1100.

Happy to be here!

Thanks

I am not sure about the BCCG process, I would guess it is probably similar. But BCCG graded pricing will be a lot lower than BGS pricing.

I have been collecting basketball cards since 1992. One thing I have noticed on Beckett Price Guides are to not pay attention to some of the pricing. For example like yours 86-87 Fleer, the main rookie cards go up and down in value. But whatever their "complete set" price never changes regardless if all rookies in the set go up substantially.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at a 86 Jordan BCCG 9 for sale on eBay. It is being sold by a store that I think is reputable but they only sale sports clothing not cards.

I just think it's silly that Beckett does that with the more popular cards and sets. Most people that buy a guide and has not looked at one in a while would look at 86 Fleer first, IMO.

Just ranting. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Working...
      X