My 264/ Collection on Cardboard Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 264/ Collection on Cardboard Connection

Many of you may know my collection, while some may be new to it. I focused on collection items serial #d 264/xxx, which stands for my birthdate: 02-26-64. After spending way too much, I narrowed my focus to SPx football. I have branched my collection to focus on a few different sets. Main focus at this point is SPx, SP Authentic, Sweet Spot Helmet Autos, 2012 Topps Chrome Colored Refractors, Packers and Buckeyes.

Here is a link to my webpage and examples: Home - Road_Runner_1964

Here is the link to my 264 Photobucket Scans: 264 Photobucket Scans

Today's addition was found while searching ended listings on the bay. I was like, how did I miss this? It was a BIN, that someone snagged while I was napping...LOL.

So, I was able to contact the buyer and he readily offered to send to me, as he has been the recipient of freebies himself. I was able to replace it, with one from my trade box. But, I appreciate his willingness to help.

cartersprings (Mike)....Thank you!

Addition # 362 to the 264/ SPx PC and #51 of the 2007 set for 41.46% of the total set in 264/ fashion.

2007 SPx Sidney Rice 264/399

Also, added this one this week too, after I let it go last year.

2004 SP Authentic Ben Roethlisberger 264/299 BGS 8.5

Last edited by road_runner_1964; 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM.
    Mr 264 New Bucket 07-07-12

Currently 379 in my PC.

I really love your choice of SP & SPX. With a NFL license in the past, many of their cards were mini pieces of art. Just looking at the two cards displayed by you proves that. Since Upper Deck lost the rights to produce players in their NFL uniforms, I've heard many collectors opinions on how disappointed they were with Upper Deck and their products. I've never truly watched NCAA football, so my knowledge of such is limited. When my wife and started our collection in 2012, we were always skeptical with a hobby box that our local card shop owner recommended. It was the 2012 SP Authentic! We ended up purchasing a hobby box and have not look back since. You've got some seriously great cards.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
      I really love your choice of SP & SPX. With a NFL license in the past, many of their cards were mini pieces of art. Just looking at the two cards displayed by you proves that. Since Upper Deck lost the rights to produce players in their NFL uniforms, I've heard many collectors opinions on how disappointed they were with Upper Deck and their products. I've never truly watched NCAA football, so my knowledge of such is limited. When my wife and started our collection in 2012, we were always skeptical with a hobby box that our local card shop owner recommended. It was the 2012 SP Authentic! We ended up purchasing a hobby box and have not look back since. You've got some seriously great cards.
      In the beginning I chased every 264/ I could find, but quickly realized that it was quite expensive. I settled on SPx as that mid-tier product. I let some nice cards go in SPa, that I wish I hadn't and really started to track them down too over the last couple years.

I let the Ben go a while back and regretted it, because I don't think I will ever see the SPx again, which was graded a PSA 10 and I lost it to another on ebay in 2005. I haven't seen it re-surface since. So when the Ben came back up, I didn't hesitate to hit the BIN.

Although, Upper Deck lost their NFL license they still used the College pictures on a lot of the SPx cards in the past. Just go back and look. I do wish they would get their license back, but will have to wait and see.

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! I just saw your photo bucket!!! I'm speechless! You go 264!
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! I just saw your photo bucket!!! I'm speechless! You go 264!
          LOL....just added the link to my 264 bucket in the opening post.

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by road_runner_1964 View Post
            In the beginning I chased every 264/ I could find, but quickly realized that it was quite expensive. I settled on SPx as that mid-tier product. I let some nice cards go in SPa, that I wish I hadn't and really started to track them down too over the last couple years.

I let the Ben go a while back and regretted it, because I don't think I will ever see the SPx again, which was graded a PSA 10 and I lost it to another on ebay in 2005. I haven't seen it re-surface since. So when the Ben came back up, I didn't hesitate to hit the BIN.

Although, Upper Deck lost their NFL license they still used the College pictures on a lot of the SPx cards in the past. Just go back and look. I do wish they would get their license back, but will have to wait and see.

Yes, I agree that it would be nice for Upper Deck to get back with the NFL! Because we've only been collecting for about 8 months now, the majority of our collection dates from 2012. My love of Upper Deck products stem from being able to purchase a pack or two and seeing cards of current players but also in pulling a card of Barry Sanders, Bart Starr, and Joe Montana to name a few, and to also have a RGIII card as part of the break. Going back to the sixties when I was born, the Upper Deck cards allows me to research players from that era. I am excited that Upper Deck has finally signed Andrew Luck! From what I've read, any redemption will be honored with a card of Luck. Keep up the extensive great and tedious job. I'm a fan of yours!

Toshi

Comment

A few adds today. First off is a little hockey.....Blue Jacket style....

2011-12 Limited John Moore 264/299

Don't care much for the Topps version, as much as the Topps Chromes, but it was a Buckeye addition....

2012 Topps DeVier Posey Camo 264/399

My oldest SP Authentic addition......

2001 SP Authentic Tim Hasselbeck 264/550

These 3 additions make me just ten shy of 1,000 264/ "variants".....

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

OZTATAR strikes again.....thank you Alex, much appreciated.

2011 Crown Royale Steve Bartkowski 264/299

I really like these movie poster relics....

2011 Americana Jean Harlow / Clark Gable 264/499

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Little cheap pickup...

2012 Black Mohamed Sanu 264/299

After much debate, input from many fellow collectors and re-assurance from Mike (pejarox7602) that he pulled one with a similar patch and discussions with the seller, I pulled the trigger on this monster......only AP from this set would be bigger.

2007 SP Authentic Calvin Johnson 264/399

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Nice pick ups! I really love the Sanu! '12 Black is one of my all time favorites.

Comment

Nice pick ups! I really love the Sanu! '12 Black is one of my all time favorites.
                      Thanks.
                      -----------------------

Missing #363 was almost a close call, as I have stopped looking at all SPx auctions and scans, just searching "264". I happened to search 2010 SPx and ran across this one and said "OH", guess I better get back on the ball. Found another the next day.....how many may I have missed the last few months....hmmmmmm

2010 SPx Arrelious Benn 264/375

Some insert additions....closing in on 1,000 "variants". The below total 997

2011 Finest Derrick Mason 264/399

1999 Donruss Peyton Manning 0264/1000

This one goes with the Pink....

2012 Topps Chrome Randy Moss Black 264/299

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

A few more today....

2010 Finest Andre Roberts 264/399

I grabbed this one because I lived in Bowling Green for 5 years and he went to BGSU.....

2010 Press Pass Legends Freddie Barnes 264/397

mex211 was selling a bunch of colored refractors and was kind enough to check and found this one. Thanks, Cosme....

2012 Topps Chrome Jake Bequette Black 264/299

And that would be "variant" #1,000

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Very cool collection!

I especially like the Calvin! DUH! LOL

I've started collecting Calvin Johnson stuff number 3 of anything (3/5, 03/10, 003/100...).

Seems like a smaller project than yours, but it's tough to find them out there.
                          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Originally posted by ejiminee View Post
                            Very cool collection!

I especially like the Calvin! DUH! LOL

I've started collecting Calvin Johnson stuff number 3 of anything (3/5, 03/10, 003/100...).

Seems like a smaller project than yours, but it's tough to find them out there.
                            Gracias...I dig the Calvin too, even if he is in the wrong uni.....
                            -----------------------

Today's addition showed up in a 766 Card GU lot on BO on 3-8-13. Made contact with seller offering a very fair price, but wasn't interested in digging it out. Made a couple passes, but nothing.

On 8-8-13, I saw the thread bumped, so I look at I generally do and saw that the lot sold 5-31-13 to TSJCT. Dropped him a PM. He said he had already sold some stuff and hadn't been through all of it yet. Well, it showed up on the bay the other day and made its way home to me today. I love the thrill of a chase (see the "variant" update thread for another lengthy chase) and paid 1/2 of what I had offered originally.

2003 SPx Tim Brown 264/350

This find started back in May when I ran across a listing on ebay that had been ended. Spent countless back and forth messages with seller, whom finally found it. It showed today as well.....#1001

2012 Topps Chrome Trent Richardson Purple 264/499

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

#365 was also a near miss, serial number not listed. These sellers would save me a lot of time, if they would just list the serial number....

One of three sweet 264/ Packer additions in today's mail.....

2013 SPx Finite Eddie Lacy 264/899

A few "variant" additions in the mail today.

Another add from Alex (OZTATAR).....

2012 Totally Certified Santana Moss 264/299

A couple sweet Packer additions.....

2013 Elite Johnathan Franklin 264/399

I know have 61.8% of the total RPA print run from the 2011 SP Authentic set, in 264/xxx fashion. Most are no-namers, aside from Ingram and Murray.

2011 SP Authentic Randall Cobb 264/699

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X