Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that isn't getting a hit in theses blasters? lol
    Great job guys.
    I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
    (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).
    Email: rbredskin@windstream.net

Comment

Bought a 3rd box this morning while grabbing a salad at WalMart. Nothing again. I'm done.
      I collect Andre Johnson, Redskins from the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies
      (Manziel, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Luke Joeckel, Damontre Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Cyrus Gray, Jeff Fuller, Martellus Bennett, Stephen McGee, Goodson, Jerrod Johnson, V. Miller, Acie Law, DeAndre Jordan, Antoine Wright, Justin Ruggiano, etc.).

Comment

your not the only one not getting hits. Ctken tried one last nite and got no hits either
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
        I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Originally posted by RBRedskin View Post
          Bought a 3rd box this morning while grabbing a salad at WalMart. Nothing again. I'm done.
          Don't give up too quickly, you're still waiting on your purchase of a 2014 Topps Prime. That hobby box will be where your big hits are going to be.

Toshi
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

I hope so. Like I said before, I think by the time blasters make their way down to the south all the hits are gone.
            Originally posted by hayn View Post
            Don't give up too quickly, you're still waiting on your purchase of a 2014 Topps Prime. That hobby box will be where your big hits are going to be.

Toshi

Comment

I shall buy another tommorow and let you guys know what comes of it, be nice to pull one of my crimson rookies for this year, or a nice vet card.
              http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Toshi, I do remember 1 sp a jimmy graham, but don't remember from the first box. will have to check when I get back home Friday. and thanks for the tip on the rack packs, good info. I do like the full action shots on the cards, they do kind of resemble some of the older sets that used to do that like stadium club. the card stock is a big improvement over the last couple of years. I really didn't pick much up because they were so thin and damaged easily. it will be awhile til I get to a hobby shop so for now will have to stick to walmart/target boxes.lol

WOW, and WOW fuser!!!

For just the cost of two blasters you were able to pull two RPA's just like that? Amazing! Make sure you double check to see if you've acquired any SP's. My SP of Dez Bryant (I have both the base and the SP, is going for $9.99 BIN on eBay) it seems the SP's are holding their own ground.

I'd like to also point out that if you or any other forum member for that matter enjoy the inserts, pick up the rack packs. They seem to load up the rack packs with at least a minimum of two to three inserts. How do you like the full bleed action photo shots? I think they are so retro and cool to say the least. It reminds me of my 1991 and 1992 Topps Stadium Club sets.

Finally what do you think of about the car stock? In 2012 and 2013 Topps Prime and Strata for that matter had issued their retail versions with thin card stock at 35pt. 2014 is the first time in that the card stock is pushing the limits of base cards up to a 75pt. card stock. This is what the hobby edition offers, in 2013 Mrs. Toshi finally purchased two singles of 2013 Topps Prime, it was this purchase that made an impact on me in regards to Topps Prime. I wanted to purchase a 2012 Topps Prime yet when I saw the cost of one, it became cost prohibitive to do so. I know 2013 Prime is inexpensive and 2014 Prime is just ten dollars more. This is one product I'd consider purchasing as a hobby box. For now I'll wait to see what kind of hits RBRedskins gets from his 2014 Topps Prime Hobby Box!

Thanks for sharing,

Toshi
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post
                  Nice break toshi, out of low-mid end products this is one of my favorites. Last year I did a bang up job on prime. Hitting a $125 BV giovani bernard lvl 3 relic book (jersey 3 color,wristband,ball) #/15 auto in one box, 2 aaron dobson rookie autos and a ball piece #/10 in another and the last yielded me a eddie lacy rookie auto/ eddie lacy rookie patch,denard robinson quad, and a stedman bailey lvl 5 relic (patch,patch,jersey,patch) auto. It had a major impact on me and I began to enjoy the players on the card rather then a flashy card that catches your eye.

Btw if the McCarron is available please let me know I am starting a pc of him since he is a previous crimson guy.
                  Would you trade the Steadman Bailey for the McCarron? LMK.
                  I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Let me think about that toshi, I do really want the McCarron but the Bailey I like as well lol. Sorry like I said this is a product that I have liked over the past few years more then some. I just may have to do it to add another McCarron to the Pc.

Btw not trying to jack your thread or anything but wanted to show you these.

I had the Ej already but just traded a local guy for these 2 new sp variations yesterday to add to the 13' rookies collection.

Manti Teo, Eddie Lacy, Ej Manuel sp variations from the topps 2013 complete set 5 card variations (missing Geno Smith/Tavon Austin)
                    Last edited by tsands11; 10-01-2014, 06:33 PM.
                    http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Originally posted by fuser View Post
                      Toshi, I do remember 1 sp a jimmy graham, but don't remember from the first box. will have to check when I get back home Friday. and thanks for the tip on the rack packs, good info. I do like the full action shots on the cards, they do kind of resemble some of the older sets that used to do that like stadium club. the card stock is a big improvement over the last couple of years. I really didn't pick much up because they were so thin and damaged easily. it will be awhile til I get to a hobby shop so for now will have to stick to walmart/target boxes.lol
                      In reference to your statements,

The past retail versions of Prime and Strata were all 35pt. card stock, they looked really cheap. As you commented, they were prone to damage easily.

Panini's Absolute retail did not have the foil accented backgrounds, the retail Absolute had plain backgrounds and Panini Crown Royale had a completely different design and graphic enhancement from the hobby version. It was literally two different products. The retail Crown was a standard 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" base card size while all hobby base Crowns were die cuts.

You really can't go wrong with "Blaster Boxes". Although the hobby boxes are hit centric, like Panini Black, Panini Momentum, Topps Platinum, and Topps Supreme to just to name a few as an example, on the opposite spectrum, Topps Chrome will have only 1 auto or 1 relic card. All the while with a retail "Blaster Box" of Topps Chrome it provides you with a multitude of inserts, SP's, Relic (The term Topps utilizes for the word jersey) as well as a retail exclusive and a possible hit of a auto card. Buy 4 Blasters of Topps Chrome and your odds just gained a 40/60 chance of a hit!

I now realize and understand why RBRedskins always picks up retail "Blaster Boxes". It's also makes completing a complete set that much more pro-active and pro-effective! Let's not forget the price point of $19.99. My caveat lies with the cheap direction these card companies have gone to for ie: Prime, Absolute. I will only purchase hobby boxes exclusively of Absolute and Crown Royale due to the fact that the hobby versus retail are completely and are the later to be inferior. These two products mentioned in the prior sentence are products that I deemed my un-denying love of football card products.

Comment

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post
                        Let me think about that toshi, I do really want the McCarron but the Bailey I like as well lol. Sorry like I said this is a product that I have liked over the past few years more then some. I just may have to do it to add another McCarron to the Pc.

Btw not trying to jack your thread or anything but wanted to show you these.

I had the Ej already but just traded a local guy for these 2 new sp variations yesterday to add to the 13' rookies collection.

Manti Teo, Eddie Lacy, Ej Manuel sp variations from the topps 2013 complete set 5 card variations (missing Geno Smith/Tavon Austin)

You have peaked my curiosity in your SP collection, I will look into that as well. They are wonderful acquisitions to add to your ever growing collection. I too enjoy and desire to add quality products that stir my interests in my PC. This allows me to ensure that the products in my possession will benefit my heirs to the collection in years to come. I feel that although my great grandchildren will truly benefit and be in awe of such, it's the financial gain that will compensate them fully. As I collect to collect due to the fact that I enjoy my collection of sports cards, hence, it's nice to know there is some form of financial value attached to my collection of sports cards.

By all means, you are not "Jacking" my thread, I more than welcome, nay, I encourage all forum members to post, share, and discuss any and all types of sports cards on my threads. In theory, this is not even my thread, it is CCW "Card Collectors Worlds" threads. I'm just a humble guest, hence this site is dedicated to passionate hobbyists with like minded ideals for forum members like you and I. I hope you as well as everyone else continues in this fashion of sharing. It is this sole purpose and to learn and educate each other, hence the means to this thread for us to all gain knowledge in our hobby of sports card collecting.

As for the McCarron, no big deal. It will stay as a PC in my collection. I do love all my cards no matter the genre. When you're ready and or peak my interests, we can then re-visit this trading idea. Thank you very much for this opportunity.

Your friend and fellow forum member,

Toshi
                        Last edited by hayn; 10-01-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Toshi,
                          The Prestige cards arrived yesterday. Thank you very much. I about have a package ready for you. Before I send it, are you building the Prime set? If I have some of your needs, I can add them in. BTW, it appears that hobby and prime are the same. Unfortunately only got one of the rookies I needed, though knocked out a lot of the vets. I am guessing those are duplicates that you listed earlier in the thread. You must have gotten one of the boxes that I needed, because you have 10 of the 12 rookies that I need listed (103, 111, 121, 122, 127, 131, 134, 147, 149, 150).

Comment

Originally posted by RBRedskin View Post
                            Toshi,
                            The Prestige cards arrived yesterday. Thank you very much. I about have a package ready for you. Before I send it, are you building the Prime set? If I have some of your needs, I can add them in. BTW, it appears that hobby and prime are the same. Unfortunately only got one of the rookies I needed, though knocked out a lot of the vets. I am guessing those are duplicates that you listed earlier in the thread. You must have gotten one of the boxes that I needed, because you have 10 of the 12 rookies that I need listed (103, 111, 121, 122, 127, 131, 134, 147, 149, 150).

Your Welcome, it's my pleasure. Thank you very much for the care package, please remember, I do this purely wanting just to help you out. Helping you complete a set brings me joy in itself. A care package like the one your creating, like many forum members do for me is much appreciated.

I am not building a set comprised of 2014 Topps Prime, thank you for asking. As for my needs, I would like a 1933 Babe Ruth National Chicle, 1911 T-206 Honus Wagner, a complete set of 1957, 1965, 1984, totally "Laugh Out Loud"! Any football cards brings joy to my heart, my needs would be the same as always.

I had an intuition that the retail and hobby would be the same in regards to base and rookie cards. I feel the difference would be in the Level 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 hits. Let's not forget the booklet hits as well. As for your rookie needs list, they are doubles and I have just pulled the cards as you stated above. They will be packed and shipped to you shortly. I am looking forward to the debut of Topps Chrome and Platinum. I'm sure you and I will be one the first to purchase a "Blaster Box" and be touting accolades left and right on threads.

Toshi

Comment

To RBRedskins,

What were your hobby box Prime inserts and hits? Anything note worthy?

Toshi

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE! I just read your breakdown in the trade/market list thread.
                              Last edited by hayn; 10-04-2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Toshi,
                                I listed all the hits/inserts on a thread in the "football marketplace" section.
                                To RBRedskins,

What were your hobby box Prime inserts and hits? Anything note worthy?

Toshi

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE! I just read your breakdown in the trade/market list thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X