No announcement yet.

Showoff Your Best Comic Books Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome comics, however where are the DC?????????????
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Very nice. When I was younger, I loved the Phoenix Saga & The Days of the Future Past X-Men storyline on the animated Fox X-Men cartoons.

Comment

i haven't seen comic book prices in years.i don't even know where to get prices?does anyone know?would like to check my books.i used the wizard magazine back in the early 90's

Comment

Originally posted by ronpage69 View Post
          i haven't seen comic book prices in years.i don't even know where to get prices?does anyone know?would like to check my books.i used the wizard magazine back in the early 90's
          Here's a good reference-

http://www.comicpriceguide.com/

also here's a good site to check out what's going on in the hobby as well as checking out selling prices.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/
          I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
          I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

Comment

Kind of some cool comics I didn't know were at home last night...

My son wanted some comics to take to school that weren't worth anything. Problem is, most of mine are 1988 or earlier and are probably worth some thing. Came up with only three comics for him out of what I have at home.

Came across these two, which should be in safe deposit boxes. Or not. Ant Man/Giant Man and the Wasp aren't exactly fan favorites. But I do prefer the old comics...

Ist Giant Man Appearance (1963)...

1st Appearance of the Black Knight (1963):

Comment

Originally posted by ocanseco55 View Post
              awesome comics, however where are the DC?????????????
              Any DC I have would be bought by the artwork. So Neal Adams Batman, Green Lantern/Green Arrow series, and JLA comis, Mike McFarlane and/or Frank Miller Dark Knight (1st Printing) Batman series and comics, George Perez New Teen Titans early issues, Michael Golden Mr Miracle and Batman, etc...

Wow. I can't really think of too much DC stuff I bought as a kid that I have off the top of my head, but I'm sure I have a decent share. I'm sure I have a bunch in the safe deposit boxes if there was an excellent artist that made me want to buy it, but only those come to mind right now. I have some old JLA books. Always bought the summer Justice League/Justice Society crossover.

However, I do not keep much in the way of comics in my home from the early 1960s through 1980ish. VERY surprised I found the Giant Man comics here from 1963. If they are valuable, and most are, they are in safe deposit boxes with baseball cards. If they're not "ART" worthy, then they probably aren't worth anything and are either here, given away, or lost...

Sorry. I collected comics based on artwork. Marvel had the best. Then I became hooked on Marvel story lines and continuity. For DC, their books were more like a one and done story, until some of the Marvel artists headed over to them, like Neal Adams. So I followed the artist to DC, if he was good.

And to think, somewhere I have Neal Adams artwork in a giant Superman vs Muhammid Ali comic, LOL...

I do have the 1st Printings of Batman The Killing Joke (1988) by Moore, Bolland, and Higgins, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #s 11 - 15 Prey (1990) by Moench, Gulacy, and Austin, and some others like Gotham By Gaslight (1989) by Augustyn and Mignola where Batman of the 1890s England tackles Jack the Ripper and a Civil War Batman comic I let my son have for school, here at home. And the Avengers vs JLA just for fun...

Just wasn't much going on at DC when I was a kid and collected comics...

And a FF double we have two copies of, with the best one put away and the start of my FF run...

All of these are 1st Printings I have at home. I was a prefered buyer at a comic shop in the 1980s when I got older and comics were moved out of grocery and drug stores. The only reprints I have would be like the Marvel Tales comics. I don't know if original 1st Printings mean anything or not nowadays with all the reprints they've done. I have enough trouble keeping up with my card collection's value...

Comment

Working...
              X