No announcement yet.

A great day for the Cardinals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedro also got a $75,000 bonus for each game he started past five so that was several hundred thousand added onto his base salary.

Comment

Originally posted by gasmaster02 View Post
      Pedro made $1mil for about 2 months, lol.
      still irrelevant as Penny himself is getting 7.5 million, more than the 3 Phillies i listed...

Comment

Speaking of irrelevant, show me how much their back end starters will make this year Dan. Penny has nothing to do with last year's salaries.

Collecting Ken Dilger, Indiana Hoosiers autos, and Indianapolis Colts Rookies
        Colts Rookie Collection: 408 Different Players
        Ken Dilger Collection: 261/445 (58.6%)

Tradelist
        Colts Rookie Collection
        Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

cant answer that for you as i'm unsure..

Comment

I am guessing Happ probably got a nice raise this year, lol.

Tradelist
            Colts Rookie Collection
            Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Originally posted by gasmaster02 View Post
              I am guessing Happ probably got a nice raise this year, lol.
              I'd doubt it, players cant go to arbitration for 5 years from there being drafted i believe, thus meaning the team the player is with basically has total control (hence why Ryan Howard made 900,000 in 2007)

Comment

Looks like it might not matter. Happ is rumored to be part of a potential Halladay deal.

Tradelist
                Colts Rookie Collection
                Ken Dilger Collection

Comment

Well we're starting to get an idea of where the Penny deal fits in with this year's market. Rich Harden signed with the Rangers and gets $7.5 million guaranteed (same as Penny) with up to $3.5 million ($2 million more than Penny's) on incentives this year. I feel like Harden has the ability to truly dominate more that Penny but is also a bet to throw fewer innings. Harden also has an $11 million option for next year with a buy out. Seems like the Penny deal is pretty well in line with what this level of risk/reward pitcher is bringing.

Comment

Working...
                  X